Chapter Ten

Elle~

After Alexander walked away from me back into the mansion, I noticed that the bright sun was setting, darkness now starting to wander the earth, creating many shadows by me. Walking back towards the mansion, I heard a rustling coming from the bushes. Turning toward the noise, I jumped back in fear, seeing a man appear with a knife.

"Hello, Miss Giselle. Your time has come. " The man sneered, flipping the knife around in his fingers, and walking toward me. Quickly, I turned from him and ran, my target: the mansion.

Turning sharply around the hedges, small fountains, and mounds of flowers, I feared for my life, the man behind me posing a threat. Glancing back, the man was gaining on me, my fear increasing.

"ALEXANDER!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, sprinting harder, the man on my tail.

Alexander burst from the mansion, looking around for me, finally spotting me by the peonies. I watched as he grabbed a gun from a nearby guard, taking aim at the man that could end my life.

Please don't shoot me.

Alexander pulled the trigger, the sound ricocheting through the garden. I heard a thud behind me, and looked back, finding the unknown man laying dead behind me.

I stopped, falling to the ground from exhaustion. Gasping for breath, I tried slowing down my heart rate, for my heart was racing like a horse. Alexander appeared, kneeling down by my head. He sat down, laying my head on his chest.

"Breathe, Giselle. Breathe." Alexander whispered, rubbing his hands up and down my arms in a vertical motion.

Finally, I was able to breathe normally, and Alexander brought me up into his arms and carried me like a hero to my room. He laid me on my bed, letting me rest after an eventful afternoon.

"Sleep." He whispered, and so my eyes and I obeyed.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Alexander~

After I laid Giselle on her bed, I watched as she fell asleep. She was beautiful. I stopped, shaking my head to clear my thoughts. Stop. I can't fall for her. She is Alistair's mate, not mine. Walking briskly out of her room, I closed her door quietly, hoping she sleeps well.

"Sir." John stated, bowing to me.

"Did you find out anything about that intruder?" I asked, praying that that man was not a follower of James.

John sighed.

"That man is a follower, Alexander. He had a tattoo of James's symbol right on his shoulder. Should I notify King Alistair?" John asked.

"Not yet. If there is another attack on Giselle, you will notify him right away, or it's your head. Understand?"

John gulped.

"Yes sir."

I nodded, and John scurried away.

As I started to head towards my bedchambers, I heard a yell be cut short. Giselle. I turned back toward Giselle's room, yanking the doors open.

The sight before my very eyes froze my feet to the floor. Giselle stared at me with helpless wide eyes, trying to scream through the gag that was placed in her mouth, muffling and silencing her. I watched as she was pulled out of her window by none other than the man I thought was killed 500 years ago by Alistair.

James. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my gawd, what did I just do? Sorry, had to do it. :)