Chapter Five

Alistair~

I smashed the bathroom door, the remains flying everywhere, and I heard a scream from inside the bathroom. Walking carefully through the split wood, I noticed Giselle was laying on the floor, not moving. When I got to her, I noticed she was hurt. She had several bruises on her arms, cuts and scrapes on her face, and blood coming from her dainty head. I did this; my anger got in the way, and now she's severely injured.

Slowly and carefully, I picked her up from the debris, and using my vampiric speed, I rushed her to her bed. Mind-linking the doctors, I told them to get there now or they would be dead within the hour. After a few seconds, several doctors ran in, and started taking care of Giselle. I mind-linked Alexander to come to Giselle's room.

Stepping out of the hectic room, I waited for Alexander to get there. Alexander arrived quickly, bowing to me.

"Yes, Alistair?" Alexander asked eagerly.

My anger got the best of me, and the next thing I know is I'm holding Alexander by his collar against the wall.

"You killed Giselle's parents." I whispered wickedly.

"Y-You ordered me too, Alistair, you made me." Alexander stuttered.

"You wanted to murder someone or something so I let you." I answered calmly, unfazed by Alexander's words.

"You FORCED me to, Alistair! I didn't want to kill them, you wanted them dead." Alexander yelled powerfully, and I let go of his collar, sinking to the floor, realizing what I had actually done.

It was all my fault. Giselle will never love me, never in my immortal life. I stand on the floor, silently crying, and I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking up, I saw Alexander smiling innocently down at me.

Getting a grip on my emotions, I stood up, regaining my cold and bitter look, and grabbed both of Alexander's arms.

"You must become her friend, Alex. She will never be friendly toward me, but she needs a friend, which must be you. You must be her friend and her guardian. She has no family, please?" I pleaded.

Alex sighed, "Fine, but you owe me, Alistair."

I sighed, and said, " Alright, but you have to be with her at ALL times."

Alex raised an eyebrow, his eyes twinkling, and he asked mischievously, "At all times?"

I growled, whispering, "You know what I mean."

Alex nodded his head, and started walking away from Giselle's room.

"Alexander!" I hissed, and he turned, facing me. I pointed at Giselle's door, and he understood what I meant.

"Oh." He mouthed, and ran back to the door, and was about to open it, but I smacked his hand away from the silver handle.

"I'm going to go see her first, and when I come out, you can go in." I whispered, and he nodded his head in agreement.

I opened the door, and dread consumed me. Doctors were running around the room, and I noticed Giselle was shaking.

I stormed over to the Head Doctor, spinning him around, commanding in a low, threatening voice, "What did you do?"

The Doctor whimpered, and replied, stuttering, "I-I don't know, sire. She was fine, until..."

"Until what? Spit it out!" I commanded, fearing the worst.

The Doctor looked up into my eyes, and whispered, "She's dying, sire. The door gave her a severe concussion, and she's bleeding internally."

My eyes widened, and I ran over to Giselle's bedside, kneeling down by her head. I heard her heartbeat slowing down, getting slower and weaker by the second.

Searching the room, I eyed a medical knife sitting on a silver tray, grabbing it, and cut my wrist, blood springing from the wound. I opened Giselle's mouth, and put my wrist to her mouth. Slowly, I could feel her swallowing my blood, and I heard her heartbeat speeding up to its normal pace. It had worked. Taking my wrist away from her mouth, a doctor handed me a rag, and I wiped her mouth, removing the trace of leftover blood. After I made sure the blood was gone, I tied the rag to my wrist, and felt the wound slowly closing. The doctors were leaving, and as I was about to leave with them, the Head Doctor stopped me.

"She's your mate, isn't she?" he whispered, and I glanced back at Giselle, my heart taking a ginormous leap.

"Yes, now get back to work." I commanded, and the Doctor scurried away.

As I left the room, I glanced back at Giselle and sighed. Giselle, my Giselle, almost died to my hands.

Alexander stood outside the room, and noticed my wrist. "Is she-" He started to say, but I cut him off.

"No, she's still alive, barely, but alive." I whispered, sighing.

Alexander nodded his head, and started to enter the room, but I stopped him.

"Mind-link Alexandria, she can stay with her too." I commanded, and Alex nodded his head again, walking into her room. I turned away from Giselle's room, and headed for my chambers, thinking about Giselle the entire time.