Ice Cream and Cherries and Parties Oh My!

Start from the beginning

"You're paying." Instead of turning down the offer like I expect him to, he scoops me up bridal style, running down the hall, yelling "Lets go get some ice cream!"

•*•*•*

I furrow my brows, trying to tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue, which is extremely hard, mind you.

Jesse sticks his own tongue out, presenting me with what I think is the seventh stem that he's successfully knotted. I huff in frustration and Jesse just wiggles his eyebrows gloatingly.

Our bowls of ice cream sit abandoned in the corner of our table. Ever since Jesse picked his cherry off his ice cream, tied it's stem in his mouth and showed it to me, I've been attempting to do the same.

A few minutes ago, we ordered twenty four cherries. Jesse has tied nine out of his twelve, I'm over here struggling on my first one. Wait. My tongue stops moving in my mouth after a feel a bump in the otherwise straight stem. I pull it out and would you look-a there, it's knotted!

"Jesse!" I tap his arm repeatedly even though he's already paying attention to my victory. "I did it!"

"You sure did, Princess." He smiles at me probably thinking that my celebration would end there.

I slide out of the booth and into the walk way. Its my turn to be childish. Doing the running man, I start to sing a rendition of Dora's 'We did it', not caring how crazy I looked.

"I did it, I did it! Yeaahhh, lo hicimos!" I shake my hips and do the sprinkler.

I know that I'm embarrassing Jesse judging by the look on his face. He ever so discreetly motions for me to come and sit back down.

I prance towards him still singing. I take his hands and act as if we're partners doing the tango. Well as best I could considering that he was still sitting. I twirl myself around a few times via Jesse's arm.

For a few minutes, I continue to dance, performing the macerana and the scuba diver, not even excited about tying the cherry stem anymore. I'm just focused on embarrassing Jesse as much as I can.

I'm actually getting pretty tired, so I let out a final whoop and collapse back down in my seat.

Jesse chuckles, eating another cherry. "I didn't know could get so hype over a fruit stem." He laughs again, eyeing me. "You sure are something."

I glance at the plate that he just ate from. Grabbing a piece of fruit myself, I raise the small, dark red cherry to my mouth, running it across the surface of my top lip.

I notice that Jesse is staring at me from across the table. I scrunch my face up.

"What? You're just gonna watch me eat this?"

"Of course. I find girls eating cherries to be extremely sexy." He continues to look at me, a devious smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Okay, you pervert." I proceed to stick the cherry into my mouth, smacking it as loud as possible and chewing like a cow. I open my mouth even wider, making sure Jesse got an eyeful of its blood red contents. I swallow and spit the pit onto a napkin in front of me.

Surprisingly, I don't feel ashamed about how disgusting that probably looked.

I smile sweetly. "Was that sexy enough for you?"

He reaches over the table and wipes dribble of juice off of my chin that I didn't even know was there, with his finger. He puts his finger in his mouth for a moment and then pulls it out, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Definitely," he says leaving me with my eyebrows raised.

•*•*•*

I swipe the small brush across my finger nail, streaking it sky blue. My cell phone was pressed between my shoulder and ear as I waited for Victoria's voice to come out of the receiver.

It feels like I haven't seen her in forever, which is most likely my fault- I've been spending so much time with Jesse lately. So, to make up for it, we're planning a girls day, well technically a girls night out.

This Friday(tomorrow)after school we would be going to the nail salon, shopping, and then crashing at Tori's place.

"So then we go to the party Saturday night-" Party? I realize that I've been blocking Tori out with my train of thought.

"What party, Vic?"

She sighs over the phone. "You haven't been listening at all, have you?"

"Well, I was at first, but then-" Victoria laughs.

"It's fine. So, Saturday night, I was thinking that we could this party, that Nate's friend is throwing."

"Wait. Wait. Wait." I interrupt her. "You've been talking to Nate?" Hey that rhymed.

"W-well, we, I, yes!" She stutters, the embarassement clear in her voice.

"Don't be mad. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it's just that, I really like him."She squeaks out the last part and I squeal over the line.

"Mad, why would I be mad? You spend all of your time trying to set me up, and now you have someone!" I laugh maniacally. "You two are so cute together!"

"Aww! Then the four of us can go on double dates!"

"The four of us?" I question, corking an eyebrow even though she can't see me.

"Yeah, silly!" She giggles. "Me and Nate and you and Jesse."

I have to admit that I do like Jesse, but I have no idea if he likes be back. He has a great personality, no where near the jerky, stand offish one I expected. Not to mention how he makes me feel.

Sure, we had our moments, but didn't everyone?

•*•*•*

Party, party, party! Vote, comment, fan!