Ice Cream and Cherries and Parties Oh My!

Okay, so slight change of plans. I might possibly not go off of current seasons. But September and October might be the only non current months. I'll take everything else slowly.

xoxo- Hannah

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Semi edited

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Picture of Jesse, Elaina, Victoria and Nate on the side.

Chapter 9

•*•*•*

"Okay, we're sticking to the colors orange and black. Remember that this is a Halloween dance, folks."

I was currently sitting in a school event committee meeting discussing the fall dance.

It was a last minute meeting, and it was after school, so I had to tell Jesse that we would have to push back the project today. Since it was a Wednesday, he was off work.

But once I told him that I had a meeting, he decided that he wanted to come along. And he continues to bug the crap out of me.

"Elaina," he whines from his place next to me. "I'm bored. Can we leave now?"

I have been dealing with his babyish behavior for an hour a half. He's seventeen years old for cripes sake! I haven't been able to pay attention at all. I look at him and shake my head.

"No, Jesse. I mean, you can leave if you want, but I kind of need to be here." He gives me this adorable puppy dog look and I almost cave. With the tip of my finger, I push his protruding lower lip back in. I shake my head at him and he huffs. I laugh to myself.

For about two minutes Jesse gives me some peace. I start to really get into the discussion when I hear Jesse mumble, "Get ready for take off." He proceeds to use a lock of my hair as an airplane, continually crash landing on my shoulder.

All the while he's making these little noises to go with his actions. I am about to tell him to quiet down when the president of the committee decides to speak up.

"Elaina," she says, " If you and your boyfriend can't keep it down, I'm going to have to ask you both to leave."

Boyfriend? She thought Jesse was my- "Boyfriend?"

"Uhh ya." She says it as it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I look at Jesse the same time that he glances at me. We both burst into a fit of raucous laughter.

"You think....he's....my-!" I can't finish my sentence, I'm laughing so hard.

"You...think I'm....her-" Jesse has tears coming out of his eyes.

"B-BOYFRIEND?" We both choke out the word at the same time, laughing even harder. Our chuckles die down once we realize that everyone else in the room is staring at us, not getting the joke.

"Right..."I trail off awkwardly. I turn to Jesse who has a satisfied smirk on his face as if he knows that we pretty much have no choice but to leave.

"Let's go, Jesse." There's no point in getting upset as the meeting was almost over.

"Finally!" He doesn't bother hiding his joy. He grabs my arm and literally skips out of the gym.

"What now?"Jesse asks when we make it to the hall. I think about it for a second.

"Well....We could get ice cream." Jesse's face lights up. But before he can get too excited, I continue.