Chapter 2: Reunited Again

A blinding light awoke me from my sleep. I sighed and blinked myself awake to find someone standing at the door. My mom. Her brunette hair that used to be long was now shoulder-length. Her green eyes were brimming with tears. Without hesitation, she came rushing towards me with an immediate embrace.

"Mom," I gasped. "Can't...breathe." She reluctantly took her arms away from suffocating me and retreated to the chair beside the bed. Tears were streaming down her face.

"I thought you'd never wake up."

"But I did." My mom wasn't the one to get all teary eyed and wasn't the overprotective kind. She let friends sleepover on school nights and let us walk the neighborhood by ourselves. Her cooking was horrible so we almost always ordered takeout. I inherited my goofiness from her as well.

"You're getting checked out today after they make sure there are no complications." My mom interrupted my thoughts. I smiled at her.

"Okay." I was excited to finally go home. Just knowing that I've been in this hospital for four years makes me homesick.

"We'll catch up later. Oh and you're friend, Camryn, is here." My eyes lit up at that. Camryn was my best friend. I would sneak out of the house to go to hers every night. We would go to the park every chance we got to go scope out the "hot guys." When they would catch us looking at them, we would pretend to admire the clouds in the sky. We weren't very subtle about it though. We would see who could swing the highest on the playground at the park. It'd always end up in a tie, but I secretly knew that I won. We would have movie and tv show marathons. Well mostly Teen Wolf marathons. We'd drool over the Teen Wolf guys and fantasize about them together. We'd always mock the girls who wore tons of makeup talking in high pitch voices and acting like the clowns they were in cliche movies.

A knock on the door brought me out of my daze. I looked up to see that my mother had left. Someone came in without my consent. Typical. Camryn had walked in. Her blonde hair hung in loose waves to her middle back. Makeup was void of her face, but she didn't have any blotches or imperfections on her face either. Freckles were scattered on her upper cheeks and forehead. She was wearing gray sweatpants with a black t-shirt. Her converse slapped the floor as she walked over to me. I yanked the restricting iv out of my arm, not feeling the need for it anymore. I stood up in front of Camryn as smiles broke over our faces. We both slapped each other hands and fist bumped. Then, we did the little explosion thing you always do at the end. Then, we put our feet together and hopped around, alternating feet. All the while, my heart exploded with contentness. At the end, we both turned in opposite directions and came back to hug each other. We squeezed each other until we felt the need to take a breath.

"Omg I'm so happy you're okay." Camryn breathed out. I laughed.

"Me too. I can't believe you still remembered out secret handshake."

"Wouldn't forget it for the world." Alex, my nurse, came in at that exact moment and told me that I had to get an exam before I left. Camryn sat in the arm chair beside me as the nurse told me to do simple task like to touch my eyes, nose, shoulder, ect. It was like a game of Simon-says. Then, she would tell me to make my eyes follow her fingers. She took my temperature again and a lot of other stuff. When she was done, she told me I was free to go and saluted me. I saluted her back and pretended to be in the army and marched out of there with Camryn in tow.

Even though Camryn hasn't seen me in four years, it'd been like no time had passed at all. My mom and dad were waiting for me at the front desk. My dad wasn't the kind to get emotional so he just winked and gave me a fist bump. When he thought I wasn't looking, he wiped at his eyes though. They filed all sorts of papers and stuff and then before I knew it, I was walking out of the place. I drove with Camryn back to my house. She had a blue jeep, my dream car so it was a win win.

The ride to my house wasn't awkward at all. We caught up with each other about school and the latest gossip.

I then turned to Camryn with a spark in my eye. I reached for the radio and turned it to blast Pillow Talk by Zayn. Even though I had never heard this song before, the beat pulsed through me with the pressing urge to sing along. I sung with some delay as I took in the new lyrics. Off key singing was great if you had an even more terrible back up singer like Camryn. The wind whipped my hair as I rolled my window down, letting everyone know that I was a horrible singer, but I didn't care. Remember, I have a good set of pipes, so I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood of Firewood, Tennessee could hear me. Camryn sung just as horribly as me.

"FEELIN THE PAIN FEELIN THE PLEASURE. NOBODY BUT YOU, NOBODY BUT ME, 'BODY BUT US, BODIES TOGETHER!!" I strung the lyrics together quickly and caught along to the pattern. My heart sung along with me. Camryn parked the car in front of my house minutes later. We both got out and went to the door. The house looked exactly like it did before. There had a tiny dent on the wall when I rammed my bike into it. The garden still had my favorite flowers, roses, in them. The doorbell was still broken from when Camryn and I had tried to hack it to make it turn into a frog sound instead of the normal ringing. You can guess how that turned out. My hair was stained black from the explosion for days. The only thing different was the WELCOME HOME sign on the roof of the house. I see my parent are still living up to the motto of 'go big or go home.'

The door still creaked as I opened it. The house had multiple blue decorations all saying the same thing. "Welcome Back." I stared in awe at all of this and walked inside. Camryn followed me as I sprinted up the stars and towards my missed room. My Teen Wolf blankets were back in my room. My mom must have put them back right when she got home. The carpet rubbed under my feet. My drawings of wolves were still on the wall. I have a small obsession with them. The stain was still on my wall from when I had tried to prank Camryn with the old trick of putting a bucket full of paint on top of the door. Well, it failed...miserably. When Camryn opened the door, the paint didn't fall down, but on its side, splattering red paint all over my wall. I had cleaned most of it up, but you could still see the faint outline of the stain. I went to go sit on my bed when I saw something glint out of my window.

The reflection of the sun was hitting somebody's toned back in the room of the house next to mine. I looked out my window to see a guy there. He had shaggy brown hair with emerald eyes. He had on a plain black t shirt with joggers and red converse on. His bare back was facing away from me as he sat in his computer desk.

I cocked my head to the side with the slight feeling of deja vu.

I gasped, "IS THAT JORDAN?"

Camryn sighed remorsefully , "Yes, yes it is."

Edited ✔️
Please comment 😘 and like. The story gets better :)