Chapter 11 *Will's POV*

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 5th annual Los Angeles junior figure skating competition. The first skater will be performing in about ten minutes. Please remember to remain quiet during all performances and...."

"This is so cool," Dana said in awe, looking around at the giant ice rink. I don't think he's ever been inside this place. But I have to admit, it did look.... Different. It was weird seeing this place packed with people, instead of just a few who come to skate for fun. While waiting for the competition to start, red, pink, and blue spotlights moved across the rink and the audience randomly. On a long platform sitting on the ice across from us was a table where six people sat. They must be the judges. 

We had all come to support Jaz, even her two friends from school but they sat up in the back, away from us. Gabe, Dana, Lisa, and I were sitting next to each other behind Cole, Cassidy, Madison, and Dalton. There were only three minutes, more or less, left until the first performer would come out. 

Behind me, I faintly heard a conversation between two girls. One of them said, "I heard Jasmine Black is performing tonight. God, she is so good."

The other replied, "Really? I saw her in Ontario, and I honestly didn't think she was that good." I rolled my eyes. What does that girl know? Jasmine is amazing at what she does, I don't care what anyone else says. 

Suddenly, the lights went out. A name was announced, followed by a white spotlight on a girl skating to the center of the rink, wearing a sparkly pink dress. Her routine was good, I have to admit, but there were more spins than jumps. 

Six girls were announced before it was finally Jasmine's turn. The spotlight followed her to the middle of the rink, the sparkles on the front of the baby blue dress she tried on at the store glimmering from the light. The dress was long sleeved, with a clear, thin strap across the top of her back. From her shoulder blade to the middle of her back was exposed, then the dress covered the rest of her body. 

She stood in a pose, waiting for something. Seconds later, an upbeat song began to play. Jaz gracefully moved across the ice, picking up speed around the corners, then leaping a few feet. I remember some of the tricks she did from when we were together at the rink last week.

Twice in her performance she did spins, but the first time wasn't for very long. The second time, she jumped and spun in the air, just before landing and leaning forwards with her right leg held horizontally behind her. She skated quickly towards the judges, stopping in one spot and spinning in circles quickly. 

"Wow," I heard Cassidy say in shock. Jaz bent down, holding her left leg straight out in front of her, then slowly made her way back to both her legs fully straight, still spinning. Carefully, she raised her left foot up and held her hands behind her head, grabbing the blade of the skate.

To finish her performance, she picked up speed by crossing her legs around the corners, until she was facing the other corner. She began to jump and spin like she did earlier, except this time she spun three times. A look of horror crossed her face, and she fell hard against the cold ice. 

"Oh my God," one of the girls behind us said in shock. I scanned the audience, everyone was either shocked or surprised, and everyone was talking about it. My eyes fixed on Jaz, who was pushing herself off the ice. As she climbed back to her feet, I could see she had hurt herself. Pain crossed her face as she looked around the crowd of people. 

Quickly, she did a bow and exited the stage. "Give it up for Ms. Jasmine Black," the announcer said, causing people to politely clap. 

"I can't believe she just did that!" the girl who claimed Jaz wasn't that good exclaimed. Dana turned in his seat and looked up at her. 

"And what did she do, exactly?" he asked, clearly annoyed with her. He obviously heard what she said earlier. 

She glanced down at him and scoffed, "She did a triple axel. If she would have landed it, she would have gotten disqualified anyways, but now that she fell while doing it just made her make a fool of herself." 

Her friend glared at her. "Sorry for my friend, she doesn't like Jasmine all that much. But what she said is true. Jaz is going to get disqualified, what she did was illegal."

"Illegal?!" Cassidy repeated. I glanced down at her and saw she was glaring at the girl, obviously not believing what she was saying. "How is it illegal? It's just a stupid spin." 

"Actually," the rude girl said calmly, looking like she wanted to kill Cass, "a triple axel is very tough to learn. It's illegal because, technically, this age group is to young to do those kind of tricks. Now, why don't you turn around in your seat and keep your mouth shut. 'Cause honey, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cole's eyes widened and he immediately turned Cass around and talked her out of whatever she was about to do. We turned around, too, ignoring the two girls. Lisa suggested we go to talk to Jaz, which we all gladly agreed. 

--

"Would you calm down?!" a girl yelled at Jaz when we walked into the lobby. Jaz was sitting on a bench, her face in her hands, with a boy beside her trying to comfort her. Jealously sparked in me, but I kept my mouth shut and ignored it. 

"Excuse me," Lisa said, getting the girl and boy's attention. "Can we talk to Jaz alone?" They both nodded. The boy stood up, and walked to the side of the girl. 

"See ya in school," they both muttered, then walked out of the building. Lisa sat down on one side of her, and I sat on the other side. I noticed she was crying. 

"That looked like it hurt," Dalton muttered, watching Jaz carefully. "Are you okay?" She looked up at him and bit her lip, rubbing her left shoulder. 

"I guess so," she muttered. She looked over at Lisa. "Can we leave? I already know I'm disqualified."

"Yeah, sure. Do you have anything you need to get?" She nodded and looked over at me. 

"WIll you come with me?" I nodded, knowing she was upset. We both stood and walked down a hallway to a locker room, or something. She walked towards her duffel bag, grabbing it and slinging it on her shoulder. 

"Why are you so upset?" I asked gently. Stupid question, I know. I don't know what made me ask her, but it just came out. 

She sighed. "I don't know if you know this or not, but a triple axel is illegal." 

I nodded. "Yeah, a girl behind us rudely told us that, right before she told Cassidy to shut her mouth."

Jaz giggled. "I think that was April you guys were talking to. Black hair, green eyes, pale skin?" I nodded. "Yeah, she doesn't like me very much. I always used to beat her in competitions. But anyways, I was so mad at myself that I did that. I have never screwed up that badly. I guess I was just disappointed in myself."

"Why would you be disappointed in yourself? You did amazing out there, and you looked beautiful while doing it." She blushed, and smiled. 

"Thanks." 

-------

Sorry it took me so long I started school two days ago.

Okay, now I don't know if doing a triple axel at that age is illegal or not. I think I read it somewhere, but I don't know. So sorry if I get that wrong, like I said in the beginning, I don't know much about ice skating so bear with me! 

I think that's it. I have to go now, thanks for reading. Vote, comment, follow! Love you guys! <3

Toodles! :)