Chapter 7- I'm coming for you

Despite the fear and heartbreak, I wanted to ask her about her certain plight. "How did you die?" I question in a whisper.

Her eyes seemed to cloud at this question. "I died trying to reunite with your father."

My voice becomes coarse as the thunder bursts around me, enveloping me in a wet drizzle. Tears start spurting out of my eyes in a steady waterfall. I lost my mother. She was dead. But back in a spiritual form to deliver her revenge. She blamed me.

All of a sudden, she dissipates into thin air, vanishing just as silently as she arrived. Now drenched in rain, I restart my journey home.

I reach home as soon as the first few rays of sunlight decorate the ground. Obscured with fatigue and dampness, I trudge upstairs, hoping to get a few hours rest. Until I realize my bedroom is in ashes. With no clean clothes, I run to Mary and John's room. I pull on a white cotton jumper and a pair of leggings.

The day goes by faster than I expected and the lonely hours were mostly filled by watching something on the miniature TV. I was getting a drink of water, and that's when I heard it. The thunder boomed angrily sending sparks of lightning across the black sky. As I turned the tap on, I noticed something unusual. Drops of a red liquid was splattered across the window. It was placed so precisely, I was shocked. Peering closer at the dots, I saw a sentence created.

'I'm coming for you'

The glass I was holding broke into a million pieces as it came in contact with the floor. The light flickered on and off, as if signalling something. I backed away from the kitchen only to find a long trail of blood leading upstairs. I make my way towards it. As I reach the end of the trail, I notice a familiar door. I pushed the door open, gasping at the weight of it. As soon as I got inside, I realized that the room was no longer beautiful. For it held the people I loved dearest in the world.