Chapter 2 - Beautiful Nothing

Upon entering, my eyes fell on the four suitcases that were bundled in the corner.

I couldn't stop myself from asking, "Hey Mary what's going on? Why are there suitcases? Are we going somewhere? Is it warm?" realizing that I hadn't given her the opportunity to speak, I stopped bombarding her with questions.

"Well dear, if you are going to ask me anymore questions, I might not get the chance to tell you," she tutted in a playful mocking tone. "John and I are extremely sorry sweetie but we have to leave for a couple of days. He just got a promotion and his boss invited us for dinner."

This was unusual. Mary and John never left me alone for a few hours, let alone a few days! "Mary do you really..." I couldn't ask her that. Not when she was so proud of John. "Never mind, I hope you have fun but please come home quickly." I rephrased quickly.

"Of course honey. We will be back in about six days, okay? She asked.

"Okay."

She gave me a peck on the cheek and a hug. "Don't miss me too much, love you dear." She mumbled.

"Love you too Mary. Tell John congratulations." I replied.

And with that, Mary grabbed the four suitcases and unbelievably managed to manoeuvre them outside. The door closed with a bang and thus I was left with this awesome house all to myself.

I figured that there wouldn't be anything to do now so I decided to have a nap. John says that naps are good for you, to take breaks from the world. So with that in mind I sprinted upstairs and entered my cosy room. Vigorously adjusting my blanket, I soon fell into a deep slumber, dreaming of a beautiful nothing.