Chapter 4 - Waiting for clouds to catch me

Hurriedly, I darted towards the window, having to dodge the combustion that showered from above. Soon I reached my destination and found my window shattered. Something, or someone has done this, and I'm pretty sure that the same person started the fire. It obviously couldn't have happened on its own.

There was no time to think of that. I had to get out of here, quickly. Plopping the music box into my pocket, I peered out of the window to see how far I had to jump.

Thankfully, my room was on the second floor but that didn't mean I had a safe landing. Directly underneath me was a hard, concreate road. Just my luck! Taking one last look at my now destroyed room, I gripped the music box, and jumped.

It felt unnatural, like I was falling into a dream, waiting for the clouds to catch me. But that dream soon ended as my rear end hit the ground with a thud.

Immediately, I stood up and glanced at my room. It should still be burning, but all the flames have died down, allowing a dark cloud of smoke to fill my room. Relieved after checking my body for any signs of damage, I scampered into the house. Almost instantly, I relaxed. The familiar pine tree and spearmint scent filled my nostrils and warmth from the heating took over my muscles. I trudged towards the main room where the radio was and fiddled with the tuner to produce a classical melody.

Suddenly, the radio started blurting jazz and rock music. My eyebrows knitted in confusion. My hand found itself back on the tuner until a very strange, very familiar tune played;

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Up above the sky so bright, like a soul lost in the night. Twinkle twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are...

It was my music box tune. But wait, how could that be playing on the radio? I felt around my pockets, searching for it, but I couldn't find it. Had it fallen out of my pocket when I jumped? I became frantic then.