Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"What? No!! You can't leave!"

"Please stay!"

"Why do you have to go?!"

"Don't leave!"

All four of the Pevensies blurted as they barged into my room. I glared at them and quickly hid the dress behind my back.

"Excuse me, but we were having a conversation." I said to them. They all hung thier heads in shame, obviously upset that they had gotten me angry.

"I'm sorry, it's just that we don't want you to go." Lucy said and ran to me. She wrapped her small arms around my waist. I set the dress down and hugged her back.

"I can't stay. I have some unfinished buisness I need to deal with. If I don't, I'll continue to have those bad dreams for a very long time." I explained to her. I could tell she was about to cry. I gave her a sad smile and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, trying to comfort her.

"Where are you going?" Ed asked. I looked up at him. He had a sad and concerned look on his face. I stood up and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Ed. But I think it would be best if you and your siblings just stayed out of this." I said as nicely as I possibly could. He looked at the floor sadly. It made me sad to know that he had liked me so much. I bent down and kissed his forehead.

"Don't worry, Ed. You'll be fine." I said and started to usher all of them out of the room. Ed was just awe-struck. His face was turning a shade of red and he had a huge smile plastered on his face. Peter on the other hand, he didn't look very happy at all. Susan was just as upset. And Lucy was just a mess. But I had to leave. I had to. It would be suicide if I didn't.

As soon as the four had left the room, I sighed. I really liked those kids. But, I had to do what was right. I sat next to the professor on my bed and I stared at my hands. I knew what I had to do, I just wasn't sure if I should do it.

"In my dream...the witch spoke to me. She said that my friends and I would die. And it would be my blade that kills them. I...I can't let that happen. I can't let her take them away like she took away my parents." I said to him. He looked at me, shocked.

"I can't believe she actually spoke to you." he said to me, astounded.

"Well, she actually didn't talk. She shouted." I said. We both laughed and he slung an arm around my shoulders. He was like a father to me. When my father died in Narnia, he was the one who stood up and took his place as my guardian. Well, he and Mrs. Mcready.

"Well, that's to be expected when it comes to the white witch." he said to me. We both chuckled again. He sighed, and stood up.

"Don't forget to retrieve your sword." he said and left the room, closing the door behind him. I picked up my dress off the floor, and changed into that. It felt good to be in my Narnia clothes again. The dress was warm and cozy. Not to mention soft. It was made of the softest Narnian fabrics and cottons.

I dug around my closet, til I found it. My sword that Aslan himself had given me. I pulled it out of the chaotic mess and admired it in the sunlight that poured into the room through the window. As I looked at it, the memories all coming back, I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, quickly stuffing my sword under my blankets so no one saw it.

"Lucy." a small quiet voice said. I smiled to myself and walked over to the door. I opened it, and let the little girl in. She gave me a sad smile, and then realized that I was wearing a different dress. She gasped and her jaw dropped.

"Where did you get that?" she asked, awestruck. I chuckled and kneeled so I was eye level with her.

"This is what I have to wear where I'm going." I said to her. She looked at me, curious.

"Where exactly are you going?" she asked me. I sighed, debating to myself whether I should tell her or not. Well, I guess if she told anyone they wouldn't believe her. So my secret was safe either way. I took a deep breath.

"I'm going to Narnia." I said to her. She gasped.

"It's real!? Narnia is real!?" she squealed happily. I shoved my hand over her mouth, making sure that no one heard her.

"Lucy, you can't tell anyone where I'm going. Alright? Not even your siblings." I told her. She nodded, and I slowly removed my hand from her mouth, ready to put it back if she decided to scream again. She gave me a huge smile.

"So does that mean Mr. Thomas is real too?" she whispered. I nodded, and she started to jump up and down.

"Oh my gosh this is so exciting!" she whispered as she jumped. Thankfully she wasn't making any noise. I chuckled as I watched her do her little dance. I was going to miss her alot. She was like the little sister I had always wanted. She watched me as I walked over to my bed, and pulled my sword out from underneith the covers. She gasped when she saw it and her jaw dropped just like it had when she had gotten her first glimpse of my dress. I gave her a small smile.

"I'm going to need this when I go to Narnia. It's become more dangerous than I remember it to be." I explained and strapped it to the leather belt around my waist.

"Madi, you're coming back....aren't you?" she asked me. I sighed and stared at the floor. I grabbed onto her hand.

"I'm sorry, Lucy. But I won't be coming back." I said to her. We both cried, tears streamed down both our faces as we hugged each other. We were silent the whole time. We just cried. I had just met her, but I felt responsible for her somehow. I felt like it was my duty to take care of her. But I knew that Peter and Susan could handle that. They could handle her without me.

"I must go now, Lucy." I said and stood up. We made eye-contact, and tried to stay strong. I put my arm around her shoulders as we both walked out of the bedroom. My boots clicked against the wooden floorboards as we made our way to the room with the wardrobe.

The wardrobe that would send me home.