Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

(Peter's POV)

I held her in my arms, not caring that I was getting her blood all over myself. I kept saying her name, trying to get her to stay awake, but I couldn't save her. Madi reached up and touched my cheek with her blood covered hand. Then went limp. Her hand fell against to her side, and her eyes closed. I shouted her name, urging her to wake up. She had to wake up. She had to.

"Madi! Madi, please!" I shouted and cried on her shoulder as I kept her now deceased body as close to me as possible. My tears fell onto her skin, creating little pools of clear liquid. I looked over at Lucy, she already knew what I was thinking. She took out her fire flower cordial and was about to pour a drop into Madi's mouth, when Aslan put his paw on her shoulder. He shook his head, letting us know that it was too late. I let the tears come out. I loved her. She was gone. I didn't know if I could continue. I had  lost my other half. I had lost the love of my life.

"Peter, we need to go." Ed said to me. I looked at the horizon and noticed that he was right. The sun was rising. We needed to go lead our army. But I didn't let go of Madi. I kept my arms wrapped around her. Edmund put a hand on my shoulder.

"Peter, she would want you to do this." he said to me. I looked down at her closed eyes, and the blood still flowing from her stabbing injury.

"If it makes you feel any better, Lucy and I will stay here with her a little while longer." Susan said to me and wiped her tears. I sighed. At least Madi wouldn't be alone if she woke up, which I highly doubted she would. But there was always hope.

"Alright." I said and stood up. My clothes were soaked in crimson liquid, but I didn't care. I walked slowly away from Madeline's corpse in the direction of the battle field. Edmund stood by my side as we walked, each step becoming harder and harder as I continued. I stumbled along, my heart feeling heavy in my chest. I tried to hide my tears, but they continued to fall.

I couldn't take it anymore. I fell to my knees, trying to hold back a sob as my tears hit the ground.

She was gone.

My Madeline was gone.

"Peter, Madi would want you to continue. She'd want you to win this war." Edmund said to me. I couldn't. I just couldn't. I wouldn't go on without her. She was my other half. She was the part of me that I didn't know I needed til I met her that day at Professor Kirke's mansion. I crunched my eyes closed. I honestly thought that I could hear my heart split in two.

Then I heard it.

Lucy's scream.

(Madeline's POV)

I woke up and blinked a few times. I was laying on the Stone Table, covered in blood. It  was a disturbing felling, to wake up from death. I looked around and saw Aslan, Lucy, and Susan sitting on the ground, their backs facing me. I smiled, tears of happiness in my eyes. They stayed. They stayed, even when I was gone. I watched as Lucy leaned her head on Susan's shoulder, her tears falling onto the fabric of Susan's dress.

"I can't believe she's gone." Susan whimpered and embraced her little sister. They cried on each other's shoulders, supporting each other through their grieving.

I quietly stood up, and walked over to them without Susan or Lucy noticing. Aslan gave me a sideways glance, but knew what I was planning and smiled. I plopped down next to Lucy, and yawned as if I was waking up from a deep sleep. I leaned back and looked up at the beautiful bright blue sky. It was good to be alive.

"Well, that didn't take as long as I thought." I said with a smile. Lucy gasped and turned to look at me. She screamed loudly with joy and wrapped her arms around me. I copied her action, and embraced her. Susan shouted as well and we all group hugged. Even Aslan decided to join in. It felt good to be with them all. Aslan had prevailed. He had done it. His plan had worked. I had survived, just like he had promised.

"Lucy! What's wrong?!" Peter shouted as he came back from the woods. Ed followed and saw us all hugging. They both stood there in shock. I rolled my eyes as the four of us released each other from our hug. I stood up and crossed my arms.

"Are you going to just stand there, or hug me?" I asked them. Ed was the first one to react. He ran to me and we both hugged each other, laughing gleefully. I ruffled his dark hair and squeezed him tight. He was a great kid. Ed let go and we all looked at Peter, who just looked at me like he had just seen a ghost. I chuckled and walked up to him. I then wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. It took him a few seconds to realize that I wasn't his imagination, but then he finally hugged me back. He picked me up and spun me around, causing me to squeal like a love-struck teenage girl. Because at that moment, I was. He set me down and kissed my lips. I kissed him back. We came up for air and he cupped my cheek with his hand. His tears flowing down his cheeks.

"I thought you were gone." he said to me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him. We both chuckled at my classic reation as he tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. I noticed that we both were covered in my dried blood, he even had some on his face. He probably got it when I had reached up to touch his soft cheek for what I thought was the last time. I reached up to touch his cheek again where it was covered in dried blood. We chuckled, realizing how ironic the moment was.

"Nothing can seperate me and you. Not even death." I said to him, tears of joy flooding from both our eyes. I heard everyone behind us say 'aw' at the same time. Peter and I rolled our eyes, chuckled, and crashed our lips together once again. I loved him. And I wasn't afraid to admit it. Neither was he, I could tell from the look in his eyes. I knew that we would have a happy future together, him and I. We both would rule Narnia as King and Queen. We'd be together forever.

Nothing was going to seperate us now.

Except for when the battle would begin.

Except for when I would have to battle the witch, and sacrafice myself all over again.