Chapter 9

"Kayla, you have some visitors." My mom says when she knocks on my room door.

I sit up when Jasmine, Miranda, and Violet file into my room. I weakly smile.

"Sorry about what happened at school." I force the words out of my mouth.

"It's okay." Jasmine says. "I guess we were being a little selfish because we didn't have 1 million views on YouTube."

Miranda and Violet nod.

"But you need to get better by next Saturday." Violet says.

"Why?" Did they know something that I didn't?

"You've been nominated for a Shorty Award. Best recent viral video or something like that." Miranda says.

Did I hear her correctly? Me, Kayla Clemons, got nominated for a social media award. I hadn't even been doing this social media thing for 2 months!

I tried to say something but words didn't come out of my mouth.

"And you get 3 extra passes." Jasmine says. "Ya know, you have 3 people that care alot about you standing in your room right now."

"Of course you guys can go with me." I say with a smile.

My mom comes into my room again and says, " Some more people are here to see you, Kayla."

I give her a confused look when Alexa and two other girls walk into my room.

"How is my favorite nominee for a Shorty Award doing today?"she says as they walk into the room.

I see Violet roll her eyes, Miranda shift awkwardly, and Jasmine sigh.

"Umm. Okay. I didn't know you were coming over here." I say.

"Yes. We had to come and congratulate you. Don't you remember Stephanie and Emily from the lunch table?"

"Yeah?"

This was a really awkward moment. On one side, I have my friends and on the other side I have the popular people. The people who I sort of want to be.

"Well, Kayla, I hope you feel better but I think we should go." Miranda says shoving Violet and Jasmine out the room as they give Alexa dirty looks.

"Now that they are gone.... How about taking us as your extra 3 passes to the Shorty Awards?" Alexa says after my friends leave.

"I actually already told my friends that I would take them." I say. It was hard telling Alexa no.

"We are your friends. That means us...right?" She has a look of determination on her face.

"Not really."

"Alexa, I think she is trying to blow us off for those lames." Stephanie says.

"No she isn't. We're her friends therefore we have the right to go with her. She knows this that is why she is taking us. I mean, I would hate to unfollow her."

Was this chick blackmailing me?

"Umm. I'll just talk it over with my friends and we'll see what happens." I say. I know it isn't the right thing to do but I don't want to jeopardize my own fast come fame. Without Alexa's follow, I'll probably lose about two thousand of my followers.

"Oh. We'll see." Alexa replies as they walk out of my room.

I guess I'll have new people coming with me to the Shorty Awards.

A/N Vote and Comment!!!

I miss you guys so much. I am definitely updating more. Thanks for hanging in there with me and don't forget to vote and comment. Feedback is always appreciated.😊😊