1- introduction

"So do you like it?", Michael asked turning around to face Luke. Luke stared in awe, taking in his whole appearance. His once fluffy pink hair was now dyed fire truck red.

"You look good," Luke smiled, blushing. He was still getting used to the dark raspy voice that Michael had now, compared to the light, quiet one he used to have. He liked it. He couldn't believe how different (how normal) things had been, ever since Michael woke up. But it wasn't always this easy..

"Thanks babe.", he smiled, walking over and kissing him.

Luke sighed as Michael wrapped his arms around him. He laid his head on Michael's chest and closed his eyes in thought...

In that moment, Luke was dying. He wasn't sure how, perhaps literally, like Michael. Because Michael was dying. The monitors were beeping rapidly as a shrill line passed over the screen, and Luke couldn't breathe. He felt as if his heart was literally being ripped from his chest. Maybe it was. It didn't matter, Michael was dying.

At the final moment, when Luke was really about to lose it and everyone in the room had accepted the undeniable fate that Michael was going to be gone... He woke up.

His eyes flew open and he shot straight up, breathing frantically. He looked around the room wildly, and then his eyes met Luke's.

"Mikey!", he shouted with joy, rushing over to hug him, pushing through the crowd of people that began to step back to the corners of the room. He stopped short as a low raspy voice spoke..

"What the hell was that?"