Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Early Schizophrenia

A week has passed since Tate died. Thalia is absolutely mute. She won't talk to anyone but herself.

"She's been talking to herself," Luke says.

"They don't anything. They don't know anything. Tell them to stop. Make them shut up. Lies, lies, lies. All these lies...lies. Why are they lying? Do they like to lie? Why?"

"Harry, what is she talking about?"

"Go away, dad. Stop lying to me. STOP LYING TO ME. IM NOT YOUR DAUGHTER. GO AWAY, NOW. Luke is not my dad. Harry is my dad. I want Harry. I want my dad. Luke, Ro...get Harry. Get my father. I need him. I need to talk to him. Now."

"What the fudging aye is going on with Thalia? Harry! Harry, Thalia wants you! Hurry!"

Harry walks in her room and pick her up off the floor.

"What are doing on the floor, babe? Are you okay? What's up?" Thalia clung to Harry as he carried her to the bed and sat down.

"T-t-ate. Tate s-said we'd always be friends. He l-left me. My friend, Felix, told me everything you all say is lies. Well...not you...but everyone else. Make him leave, I want him to stop!"

Harry looked at her confused. He did not know who Felix was, her only friend was Tate. He started to think Felix was imaginary.

"Oh. Is he your imaginary friend? Felix?" She shook her head. "No? He's real?" She hiccuped and nodded. "Can I meet him? I'll kindly tell him to leave you alone."

She got off Harry's lap and dragged him by his finger, making him follow her. She stopped in the middle of her room, and pointed to the floor. Then the ceiling. Then next to her closet.

"Stop moving, Felix. Dad just wants to meet you."

One again, Harry was confused. So he asked her what was on his mind.

"You told me he was real...I can't see him. Did you lie, Thales?" He poked her side, making her let out a frustrated giggle. She was clearly in no mood to laugh.

"No, Harry, I didn't lie. He's sitting next to me on the floor. He has another friend named Bud. Don't ask me why is name is Bud, I don't know. He says Bud is mean, and not to talk to him."

Harry had so many questions rattling around in his head. 'She needs to see a professional Doctor', he thinks.

"Oh. C-come on, love. You have an appointment I almost forgot about." He left her to get dressed, then drove her to a psychiatrist. He wants to be sure, nothing is wrong with her since Tate died, to make sure her mental health is okay. But that's a bit hard when the child is only nine years old.

✖️✖️✖️

Sorry it's short af, I'm watching Dance Moms and emotions and appointments all week and drama and yeah. Lol. Sorry.

Bye! :) xx