Chapter 3: Big News!

Continuing from last chapter!
Riley's POV

School ended and I was walking to my locker to gather my things. It was freaking raining outside! I didn't have an umbrella. Great just great. My phone buzzes.

17 missed calls?
11 unread messages?

TJ: we don't have to take the bus!
TJ: my mom is picking me up right now.
TJ: but you have to hurry she's going to be late for her yoga class!
TJ: me and Vera are already waiting for you in the car
TJ: Riley! Where are you?!
TJ: Riley do you already have a ride?
TJ: you're not taking the bus already are you??
TJ: Helloooooo??? Riley pick up! I've been calling Forever!
TJ: my mom is about to back out of the parking!
TJ: RILEY PICK UP!!
TJ: I guess you don't want a ride. Or you already have one. Bye, Riley. See you tomorrow.

My eyes widen. I grab my bag and run outside into the pouring rain. I look around to see TJ's mom's yellow jeep. But it's nowhere to be seen.

My hair is soaking wet and my clothes are drenched. I pull out a binder from my bag and raise it above my head to stay at least a little dry. The school was already locked. I have to walk to the bus stop and sit on a dirty chair or hold a dirty pole. I shiver to the thought.

I secure my bag on my shoulder and start walking through the rain.

*Beep!* A loud car horn startles me making me jump. I turn around. My eyes squint to see if it was a yellow van. Nope, it was a shiny black convertible.

Inside was a guy. Is he going to kidnap me? Well he's a horrible kidnapper he beeped his horn. I turn around and start speed walking.

"Don't you want a ride?" I recognized that deep voice. I turn back around and see Blake.

I bite my lip. It was either suffer a few minutes in his car or suffer a cramped bacteria infested bus. I stomp my foot and run inside the car.

I open the car door and take out my baby wipes. I take a wipe and wipe the leather seat. "Get in already!" Blake rolls his eyes.

I throw out the wipe and hop inside. It was pretty cool car. Black leather seats, wooden dashboard, and 4 cup holders in the middle. Except it was kind of dirty. Coins were in one of the cup holders. Lots of folders and and papers spread out on the dashboard and back seat.

But I like his music taste. Blake's phone was connected to the car's stereo.

It was on the Spotify app playing Stressed Out by TØP

My favourite song. "I love this song!" I smile. He just keeps his eyes on the road.

I decide to start singing. "Wish we could turn back time! To the good ol' dayyyss! When my mama sang, us to sleep but now we're stressed out." (Sorry if I got the lyrics wrong.)

Blake laughs. "You sound like a pig dying." I frown. "You can't do better." I said. "Wanna bet?" He raises his eyebrows. "No, I want to hear you sing." I answered.

"Fine. I'll shuffle then whatever song comes on I'll sing. Then It's your turn. Comments for the end." He says. I nod. He presses shuffle.

Sunday Candy comes on. He pauses it. "I'll do the 1st verse and chorus then you sing 2nd verse and chorus. Got it, Riles?" He asks.

"Why do you call me, Riles? It's Riley." I cross my arms. "I like Riles better." He says. I frown. "Don't frown princess, it's cute." He touches my chin and I slap his hand.