Pussy cat pussy cat where have you been?

Start from the beginning

“So will we be meeting often?” Rose exclaimed in excitement.

“No, Master Thorn has other duties to fulfill…don’t you Master?” Cadbury sternly interrupted  and looked at Thorn from the front mirror.

Thorn sighed and scratched his head. They arrived at the academy and dropped Rose near the gate. He asked her if he could walk her till her quarters but Rose refused and thanked him for his chivalry.

“Master Thorn, I don’t approve of your company with Miss Rose.” Cadbury said as he turned the car and left the academy. He drew the car in a fast pace and starred at Thorn from the mirror.

“You never approve anything thing that I do.” Thorn remarked and raised an eyebrow.

“Master, I say it for your benefit, should I remind you that the queen has appointed me as your companion for reasons you know best?” Cadbury smirked and honked at the huge gates that guarded the Royal Palace as the neared it.

“Don’t start all over again, Cadbury.” Thorn replied in irritation as he saw all the guards saluting him as their car passed by them and entered the main entrance of the palace.

“What am I to answer when the queen notices your minor cut?” Cadbury asked him as he pulled over the car.

“That’s if she notices!” Thorn replied and got out, he went around and entered through the west doors of the Palace.

As he walked the Persian red carpet that stretched far and wide, he was greeted by his pet dog Tangle, there was no need explaining why the Royal pet had such a funny name,  no sooner did the white Labrador, with twinkling eyes went around his legs in excitement, Thorn lost his balance and fell.

“Brother where have you been?...you got me worried.” A young man with golden brown hair and hazel eyes asked Thorn with a look of concern.

“Robin!...sometimes you make me feel you’re the elder one.” Thorn chuckled and patted Tangle’s head as he spoke.

Robin was Thorn’s younger brother and the future king. He was the opposite of Thorn, where Thorn was the complete fun loving  and relaxed Prince, Robin was the serious, focused and mature one.

“ Your constant wandering out of the palace puts me in a fix…I can’t cover up for you every time you leave.” Robin explained and showed his dissatisfaction.

“That’s the least you can do for your brother who stayed away for nearly eight years...for your safety.” Thorn paused and continued with a grin.

“For your safety, not mine!” Robin corrected his brother. Robin was unaware that the Queen had sent his elder brother  away, fearing that Thorn would unknowingly hurt Robin since Thorn himself never knew what pain was. Thorn learnt about it as he grew in the companionship of Cadbury, his guide, teacher and philosopher. But he didn’t  mind, for a matter of fact nothing hurt Thorn physically or emotionally.

“You have yet to learn a lot, my future King.” Thorn smiled and walked past Robin.

“Brother your sleeve is stained with blood…what happened?” Robin asked in bewilderment as his eyes scrutinized Thorn’s arm.

“Good night, Robin!” Thorn replied in return and ignored answering his younger brother’s question.

Thorn ascended the artistically designed wooden staircase and headed towards the east side of the palace. He pushed open the heavy brass doors and entered his royal room. As he slouched on his plush leather armchair; he looked at his arm and untied the pink scarf that had turned red. He touched and felt the smoothness of the fabric. A smile appeared on his face as he recollected his encounter with Rose, the young, curious, and clumsy ballerina of London.

Thorn’s room was customized to his necessity, unlike the other royal rooms, there was not a single piece of furniture or artifact that had the slightest potential of hurting Thorn. Thorn felt more like a trapped princess than a prince, he was ordered by the queen to spend his time in the room that was specially designed for his safety. Of course the queen loved him equally but being the delicate Prince that he was, special care was to be taken when it came to addressing Thorns needs.

Back in the girls quarters all had fallen asleep except for Violet. Lady Oak had secretly handed over the keys to her so that Rose could enter the quarters without having to spend the night sleeping in the garden. Though Lady Oak was particular about her rules , she managed to compromise it for Rose and Violet, her favorite amongst all the young girls.

Violet sat on the little stone steps that trailed from the gates to the quarters. She was in her night robe and a shawl to protect her frail body from the cold air that occasionally teased her.

As she waited for Rose she slipped out a sealed envelope from her pocket. She caught it in between her fingers and stared at it for a long time. Her Black eyes searched for something, she was lost in deep thoughts but was soon startled by the sudden noise of footsteps that crunched the dried leaves.

“Rose! What took you so long?” Violet enquired as she cautiously slipped the envelope back inside her pocket.

“It’s a long story.” Rose replied and sulked.

“Well, okay cut it short and give me the highlights.” Violet said with curiosity in her eyes.

“Okay, firstly Dame Petal, there is more to her than what meets the eye. Secondly I am suspended from the school for thirty days starting from tomorrow, and thirdly…”

“Suspended from the school!...” Violet yelled in surprise before Rose could complete her sentence.

“Yes, but I am happy…at least I don’t have to do the passé and pirouettes.” Rose explained with a sigh of relief and pointed her feet.

“You’re taking this too lightly Rose.” Violet frowned and got up to move inside.

“Who knows Violet, maybe this is the beginning of something new?” Rose justified and winked at her as they both closed the doors behind them.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't mind the silly titles i give each chapter, they are nursery rhymes that match the stories in some way. :p