Chapter 40

"Are you sure you have everything packed? And what about your money? I swear to God, Evangeline. If you lose your goddamn money, I will fly over there just to beat your ass," Gemma was in hysterics and was making quite the scene in the crowded airport.

Evanee understood. She spent most of her life with her aunt and this would be their first really goodbye. Drew had driven them there and although they weren't the closest, he was trying not to cry too.

"Take care of her, okay, Drew?" she told him, giving him a hug.

"I sure will, Ev. Go kick some ass at Harvard. We'll miss you."

Tears were already pooling around her eyes.

"Goodbye Gemma. I'm really going to miss you and I love you so much," Evanee cried out, unsure of what to say. She held onto her aunt, crying into her shoulder.

"And I love you. Don't forget your bag. Take care," Gemma said. It was almost time for her to board.

Then there were shouts near the entrance. Three teenage boys were in a hurry, looking around the large space. There was no doubt that those three boys were Evanee's friends.

She waved and jumped up and down to catch their attention, which they did.

"We thought you already left," Jonathan shouted. He tackled her into a hug and began sobbing. "I'll miss you Evs."

Two more pairs of arms wrapped around the raven haired girl and she couldn't help but cry even harder.

Things have been moving too fast. High school was over meaning that she would have to leave her friends, her family, her home. Who knew what college would do? Maybe it would move as fast as her senior year had done. Maybe it would seem like eternity without the few people who had made her happy.

Everything was unexpected and somehow, this was the first time Evanee was truly scared for her future. She didn't have her aunt to hold her hand every step of the way or her friends to be by her side through thick and thin or Evan's arms to hold her. This experience would be completely new and nothing would be the same.

"I love you all. So much. Don't forget about me okay? And take care of yourselves meaning no more fights Jonathan and Tyler hold on to Kelly and David, don't stop singing. Im going to miss you guys," Evanee said hurriedly, hearing the over com announce that her flight was now boarding. "And take care of Evan for me. Tell him I love him."

"We will," David nodded, wiping away at the tears under his eyes. "You worry about yourself. Please don't change."

Even through the heartbreak, Evanee was still able to smile as she hugged the three of them. With one more hug from Gemma, Evanee grabbed her luggage and backpack and walked away from her home.

She held on tightly to her necklace and smiled to herself. The green eyed girl was still mad at Evan, but she loved him unconditionally because was the one who introduced her to heaven. He gave her new friends, the best experiences, and love. He gave her Angel wings and she was finally going to fly.

-------------------------

Really short chapter and the end of the book! I can't believe I wrote 40 chapters for this book and there have been readers who have read every chapter and commented and voted and made me truly happy so thank you so much. It's made me so happy to have so much support in writing and for people to enjoy it. This might be just another fanfiction, but this book was my getaway. To write and take me into another story as each word was typed. All of you have helped me get to this point and I love each and every one of you. Thank you.

Angel Wings, my second book, will be posted soon, so keep an eye out for that. Vote and comment

And I hope ye enjoyed(:)