LWTH: 31

IF YOUR READING THIS STRAIGHT FROM CHAPTER 29 THEN THIS IS FOR YOU. Wattpad made chapter 30 private. Let me make it clear so people don't ask questions.

Here's what you do:

1) FOLLOW ME

2) DELETE THE BOOK FROM YOUR LIBRARY

3) RE-ADD THE BOOK TO YOUR LIBRARY

ABRA CADABRA - THE CHAPTER SHOULD APPEAR!

(continue on for chap 31)

*

*

*

*

*

"Man, ya'll fucked inna' guest room?" Twon started shaking his head in disgust. "Ow! Damn G- ow!"

"I told you about cussin' in my house boy. " Grandma looks over at me with a smile. "Pay him no mind, you needed it honey. " I blink, my eyes widening. Did Grandma really just say that? "What? Don't look at me like that, you were getting a tad cranky. "

I start laughing when Quis walks up, standing beside me and kissing me on the cheek. Twon was rubbing the back of his head with a fake ass pained expression but smiled at me on the sly. He knew what this meant to me.

"We finna' roll ou--"

"No you not, have a seat at the table. My baby has to eat, and I don't mean no cheap, drive through, Kesha or Pablo made fast food either. I mean a nice home-cooked meal. "

Now I was laughing real hard. Twon even starts cracking up but Grandma kept a straight face cause she was dead serious. We follow her into the dining room and take our seats where she already had our plates set up. She served us pork-chops, cornbread, peas green-beans and corn - mixed, with some juice for me and beer for the boys.

My mouth starts watering at the site of the food and all I wanted to do was stuff my face. I go to pick up my fork but Grandma slaps my arm from my left. I leave my fork on the table and rub my arm.

"Not before grace you don't. " I nod, shut my eyes and bow my head. "Twon bless the food. "

"Aight. Bless the food, amen. " I almost, almost bust out laughing. But the slap I hear makes me shut my lips tight. "Ow! Aight ai- okay G, da-" There were infinite slaps going on but I kept my head down, shoulders shaking and everything. "God, thank you for gathering us here today over this good food. Amen. "

"Amen. " We all say in unison. When I look up Grandma is mugging Twon like he went and stole her dog or something.

"I need to teach to some damn manners when addressing the lord boy..."

I let her getting on Twon trail off into the background and turn to Quis. He been quiet this whole time but when I looked at him I saw why. He was texting on his phone. Who? I don't know but he was real focused, whoever it was.

"Wassup?" I look up at him. He was looking at me while I was looking at his phone. Damn, caught red handed already.

"Nothing. " I turn back to my food when my face is grabbed and Quis' lips find mine in a quick kiss before he gets up.

"I gotta go check on somthin'. " I drop my fork on my plate and go to stand but get pushed back down. "Nah, you stay. "

"Surely you ain't about to just leave her after ya'll reconciled? If that was the case you--" Quis' phone beeps again and he cuts Grandma off.