Truth Be Told

Previously

Willow's spell to make all potentials into slayers only lasted for that year and since then, slayers have been brutally murdered ...

Now only three of them are left; Buffy and Faith in Italy and a young teen in London...

"Look, I was sent here to find you. There are two other slayers I work for, they told me to find you and keep you safe, a'right?"...

"You ok, luv? I heard you screaming." Spike finally said, when her eyes focused on him.

"I-I was dreaming." She remembered the nightmare so clearly, it frightened her; she never remembered her dreams.

"What did you dream about, pet?" Spike asked curiously, hoping it wasn't what he was thinking...

"You just had a slayer vision. It tells you things that will or might happen. Sometimes they're not understandable, others clear as day. Those are the ones you need to be concerned more about."...

"So, you're saying my vision is telling me that... I'm going to die?" She sobbed...

She washed her face clean of her tears with freezing cold water, she took a few deep breaths before pulling off her t-shirt and threw it into her laundry basket. She reached for her black, silk pajama top when she noticed the claw marks covering her lower arms...

He found Knives standing in front of the sink, her arms coated in blood that continued to drip onto the floor, creating a deep red pool at her feet.

"Knives?" Spike stepped towards her, cautiously taking her hands without causing further damage.

"D-Do slayer dreams normally cause this?" she asked, her voice wavering...

Spike stomped back into the lounge and called Buffy and Faith to explain why he hanged up so suddenly, on the other end of the line he could hear the rustling of paper and thumps of something hard dropped onto a table. "We need to look this up now."...

"Bit, what are you doing?" Spike asked, alarmed at her reaction to Lorne, staying in between them to keep her from harming Lorne.

"Wait this is the guy who's going to help us?" she asked him ludicrously, "he's a demon, Spike!"

"Yes he's a demon. But he's harmless." Spike assured her...

"I'm Lorne and if I have guessed right kiddo, you must be the new slayer on the block."...

"I listen to people sing; emotions, their thoughts, memories just roll off them. Their future is quite easy to find among them but obviously nothing's written in stone."...

"She's definitely linked to the ritual, not a coincidence I'm afraid," Lorne answered with deep remorse. "Those marks mean that the ritual has marked her for something, I'm not quite sure," there was a very audible curse from the vampire, "and the vision, all I could make out from her future was that there's a symbol on skin."...

 He stomped back into the lounge and requested Knives to show him her arms. Coming upon yet the same symbol on the same sleeve, he rolled it up to reveal a birthmark on her wrist; the same symbol embedded on her skin.

"Is this it?" He looked to Lorne, he simply nodded...

"Hey, Spike. Listen there was something I forgot to tell you last night - well actually avoided telling you because I thought I could handle it but-"