Fraser Amberwood

I seat myself in a chair waiting enduringly for whom is going to enter with my news. I came on one's own, who is there to come with me? My fingers curl around the burgundy leather chair with engraved swirls and patterns whilst my eyes a fixed glaze upon the debilitated, grubby clock watching every second go past. The seconds dance by as I lose track of the time.

My eyes unfixed the gaze as a most peculiar women walk in who I have never met before. She comes across curmudgeon and accompanied with a rich brown envelope containing something i assume important and private. She starts reading the information sheet-by-sheet immediately after greeting me; I've never been in this position before, I was so nervous and so my expression spoke of it. She spoke out all these things, facts might I say about me and my late father, our birth dates, age , his occupation , address , whom we're living with and the list goes on.

She said how my father had left the will to 'Savannah Amberwood' and asked if I wanted to know how much inheritance I had received. At this point I was just worried if I'm going to be an orphan living umoungst no one but myself. I nervously say no and she goes on to saying who I'm going to live with.

She announces the news suddenly in an almost controlled voice but with a bit of sensitivity, " we have talked with your uncle , Fraser Amberwood and he was more than delighted to take you in. Also, you'll be living with your cousins, Blake , William , Clyde , Anna , Ruby , Evelyn and Arnold Amberwood."

My initial thoughts were how many children did he have and that I spoke. The women looked me seriously in the eye for a second then realised my query was no joke and had the jolliest laugh I've ever heard of. After all the laughter she replies, " Of course not all from you uncle Fraser, he's taken on great responsibility and maturity to of taken on an important role for you cousins." " Ruby, Blake, Anna and Clyde were adopted by Fraser when sadly your Aunty Meredith passed away. Then William and Arnold were abandoned for several weeks before anyone found out the disappearance of your other Aunty Melissa - so tragic. Then lastly Evelyn was an only child with your other uncle Thomas who Uncle Fraser was destraut about, they were twins. But anyways does that answer your question?"

I nodded my head quickly speechless for words. All these aunties , uncles and cousins I've never heard a dribble of a word from been kept away from my whole life. It only leaves me remained with one question left.

What else had my father kept from me?