Chapter 10- Tris POV

"Bye Christina! I had a lot of fun," I shout to her as I leave her store. She waves back and I turn around, heading back home. Home. I can finally use that word. I finally have somewhere to call home. I smile slightly and start running toward the train. I could walk home but I haven't consciously been on the train in a while. Tobias tells me it's not as exciting because the trains actually stop, the doors close, there are seats, etc. While that may be true, I have mainly good memories from the trains and I want to be reminded of those.

I get to the platform right as a train comes. When it stops I step into the train, finding a seat by the window. Tobias told me what stop to get off at, he said Damen. I don't know what that means but it doesn't really matter. I move my focus to the buildings and trees I pass by on the train. If I blur my eyes, it looks like green and brown and black and beige blobs are blurring past. Soon everything blurs together and I don't know what I'm looking at. I snap out of it, and I can see the things we pass by clearly. I hear a voice on the train announce that we are coming to the Damen stop, so I get up and stand by the doors. When the train doors open I exit the train onto the platform, then go down the stairs so I'm on the sidewalk. It takes me a second to remember how to get home but I hear Tobias' voice in my head, telling me the directions.

When I get home I see Tobias across the street standing on a grassy lawn, talking with an older woman. I can't tell who it is until she turns slightly and I realize it's Evelyn. Without actually making the decision to, I start to walk across the street. I reach Tobias and wrap my arms around him. Evelyn stops talking and just stares at me. Tobias turns, sees me, and smiles.

"Who is this Tobias?" Evelyn asks. Tobias laughs a little but I just glare at her. Did my appearance really change that much or did she just forget about me the first second she could.

"Evelyn, it's Tris. I told you that she is alive," Tobias tells her.

"Oh...right," Evelyn spits.

"I'll leave you alone if you want," I say.

"That would be nice," Evelyn says, sounding delighted.

"Tris wait. I'm coming," Tobias says. He glares at Evelyn before grabbing my hand. We walk together back across the street.

Tobias opens the door for me before coming into the house himself. I go onto the couch and he follows. We sit down and he takes my hands into his.

"What were you and Evelyn talking about?" I ask him after a minute of silence.

"I'm gonna tell you but it's a long story," he tells me. I don't say anything, but I nod, so he continues. "After you 'died' most of us came back to the city. There were no factions, the people decided it would be better to live without the separation of the factions. The people elected a group of members to be mostly in charge of the society and keep it in check. Evelyn happens to be in that group of members, and the group meets at least every week to discuss things and make sure everything is going well. Evelyn said that the past few weeks they've been talking about implementing the faction system again. Anyone who doesn't want to go through it can go to the Bureau and leave the city and everyone else in the city will be put into the faction system again. They are still working out the details for certain things but Evelyn said that it'll probably go into effect within the next week. She said they are announcing the idea tomorrow so people have time to leave the city before the city is back to the faction system."

"Doesn't that go against what Evelyn fought for before?" I know there are so many other things I want to ask but this question is the one that comes out first.

"Technically yes, but she wanted the faction system gone because she was factionless, among other things. Those issues are no longer around or affecting her so she doesn't care about them anymore."

"I can't believe she was ever Abnegation. She's so selfish." I pause before continuing. "So why do they think the faction system is better?"

"Well Evelyn said that crime and other issues have come up since the faction system has ended. I can see what she means to be honest. It's not as safe here as it used to be. She also said that many people still act like they are in factions, meaning you'll rarely see a former Erudite with a former Candor or with anyone that wasn't former Erudite. She said her and the other members think that the factions are what's best for the city."

"So what's their plan? How do they expect to be able to put everyone into factions again." This is so confusing to me.

"I guess we'll find out."
-----------------------------------------
What do you thinks gonna happen?!
Let me know what you think so far
Thanks!