Chapter 24 | Woah

I shook my head at him. "Do I even want to know what you were doing in there?"

He gulped. "Not really, but I suppose you'll know soon enough." (ash do u ever stop masturbatinG GDO NO IM JOKEAGIN HAOEJFA)

I simply nodded and got to work on his arm. I wasn't the most experienced nurse, but I just washed out his wound, put some Neosporin on it, which made him wince, wrapped him up with some gauze, and kept it in place with some medical tape.

All the while, I felt his eyes on the top of my head. I had met his eyes once, and he hadn't turned away. On the contrary, he had only stared harder into my eyes. I had felt as if I were being analyzed. Feeling uncomfortable, I had given a small smile and gotten back to fixing his arm.

I finished applying the tape with a satisfied smile. I turned back up to see his face staring at the bandages, yet looking lost in thought.

Nervous that he might be in pain, I asked, "Is that okay? If it's too tight, I can readjust it."

He snapped out of his stupor. "Uh, yeah no it's fine. Thanks," he grumbled, pulling back his arm.

"Listen," I started, "are you okay? Because you've been seeming really distracted lately and I don't know what this is about. Did I do something?" A stray hair fell from behind my ear and I pushed it back impatiently.

"No, no!" He waved his hand frantically. "It wasn't you at all! It was actually...me."

"You? Well then, what did you do?" I asked, amused.

"Um...I've been distracted because...I kind of like this girl...."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "So you lock yourself in a broom cupboard and slice your arm with a dustpan because you like a girl?"

He nodded. "Pretty much."

I shook my head, chuckling. "Help me understand you and your logic."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"So who's this girl?" I teased.

"Uh," he scratched the back of his neck with his hand, then winced as he realized it was his bad arm, "I can't tell you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Okay, but can I know why?"

"No."

"Well, I see that after all this," I said, fed up, but not really for any valid reason, "you're still just as bad as you were in the beginning." I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest. "You should go."

He just put his head in his hands. "I can't do this."

"Can't do wha-"

But he suddenly stood up, startling me out of my feet.

Our faces were inches apart and I felt like his eyes were boring into my soul.

"What - what...?"

My hair fell from behind my ear again, but this time Ashton pushed it back, ever so gently.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?"

I furrowed my eyebrows again, only more confused. This was the asshole that I had met at the concert? This was the jerk that I had slapped? Why had I slapped him again? The details were all fuzzy. In fact, everything was fuzzy right now. Everything except Ashton. Ashton was as clear as day; a picture painted in the dead center of my mind.

"The girl I like?" He asked softly.

I gulped and nodded, urging him to continue. I still had no idea what was going on.