"Skylar, I-I'm sorry! He probably does have a sister, I don't know. I haven't spoken to him in so long, a lot could happen in this amount of time!" He babbled, and stuttered over some of his words, as I continued to glare at him. He looked really helpless, and I felt a little bad. But he was lying to me. Daniel has a sister.

              I jumped up from my seat, wanting to get out of the pink and green frozen yogurt place. The walls felt like they were closing in, and I really had to leave. It was a sudden urge. A sudden need, to get out of this place.

              "I-I have to go." I sputtered out, and ran out of the place, the warm air of August hitting me as I ran out. The sun burned my eyes more, making me want to cry even more.

              I held in my tears though. The last time I cried was a very long time ago. And I wasn't going back to being the depressed Sky who cried when she got those headaches from the going blind symptoms.

***

              When I got back home, I knew that no one would be home. My parents were at work, and since my sister was 19, she could do whatever she wanted and get away with it. 

              I was glad to be faced with silence when I unlocked the front door. I didn't want to see my sister at all. I would probably slap her if I saw her face. 

              I kicked off my shoes and walked up the stairs, the sleepiness was getting to me now. I didn't get much last night, since Daniel took me out. As soon as I saw my lovely bed, I smiled and jumped on it. 

              Pulling the sheets around me, and tucking them in, making me look like a giant burrito, felt nice a cozy, and all the thoughts about everything vanished. And I fell fast asleep before I knew it.

***

              I was awoken by the microwave beeping. 

              Even though I was upstairs, the sound of the microwave was like the sound of heaven bells ringing. Someone opened up the microwave, and the smell of pasta filled my nose.

              I guess it was around dinner time, and I smiled at the thought of food. Call me fat, but food is great. 

              I opened my eyes, but I saw nothing. I thought that maybe my eyes were just shut because of eye boogers, so I rubbed my eyes and opened them again.

              Nothing.

              It felt like my eyes were closed, but they were opened. I blinked several times, trying to clear my vision, and seeing if that made a difference. It didn't. All I saw was black. Thick, never ending, blackness.

              "No, no, no!" I said to myself. I had to see everyone before I went blind. It couldn't happen today, it just couldn't! I had to tell my parents, and get them to take me to the hospital. This was not happening.

              Panicking, I tried getting out of bed, but I didn't know which side I was on. I couldn't see if I was on the left or the right, so the easiest thing to do was to lie back down and roll off the bed. Down the middle. So I would land right in front my bed.

              I did that, and landed with a thump on the floor, my elbow crushing my ribs. I hissed in pain and tried standing up. I quickly went back to the floor because I couldn't see, and going down the stairs to get help would be hard.

              I decided to crawl the stairs, and put my butt down on the first stair, and go down like that, like when I was little. It was like a slide. But it wasn't smooth. It was very bumpy, and I knew my butt would be bruised, but I didn't care. This was my sight, I would do anything for my eyesight.

              "Skylar! What on Earth are you doing?!" My mother's voice greeted me as I landed on the last step, that led to the kitchen, where my mom was.

              Her voice made me realize that I would never be able to see her face again. Never. And with that thought, I bursted into tears.

              "Sky!" Her arms wrapped around me, and for once, in a very long time, my mom and I had a moment. 

              "Mom?" I croaked out, pulling away from her. I had no idea where she was, where her face was, but I knew where her arms were. They were wrapped around my waist, as we sat on the stairs together. "I can't see."

              She had a strong intake of breath and she started sobbing, and rocking me back and forth. 

              I just wish I could see her and comfort her.

***

Sorry!

I am so sorry that I haven't updated!

Gah!

:)

I've been busy and ugh I feel bad. I also had writer's block for the longest time, so sorry if this chapter was stupid and lacked details!

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote.

Comment.

Love you, my lovelies. 

<3