chapter 9: Confused mind

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!! I am so sorry for those who read my story. I haven't updated in ages, I did write half of it tho but just didn't edit nor continued writing the chapter. I worked, I edited work for other people, I read and played shrink for some wattpad friends. BUT never did I actually write my own story, I AM SO SORRY FOR MY READERS! I promise that I'll try to write more often... I hope you'll like this chapter...vote and comment if you do! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I wanted to just go to the hotel and sleep it all off, I couldn’t. My friends would never let me leave all alone at night, which means that someone had to come with me and I really wasn’t in the mood to risk it would be the person that I was trying to avoid. So dinner it was, I’m so happy. Note the sarcasm.

So we got to a restaurant, I didn’t feel like taking pictures of everything that we passed, or no one. I was still thinking about what happened on the boat. Fist the gifts and then the kiss. Anyways I’m starving now, so Insaf man up. I sighted and took a seat, didn’t care who was going to sit next to me.

I ordered my food as well as the others. I ignored the conversation that everyone was having and concentrated on my food. It was truly delicious! I was enjoying it until I got a text message.

Meryam: Hey, Insaf everything okay? You’re not saying anything…nothing for you. And Marie is being curious where did u get that necklace?

Just as I wanted to respond I got another text.

Houcine: Insaf are u okay? You’re not acting normal since we were on the boat.

I sighted, so everyone was worried about me? Okay then. I looked up from my phone only to see that everyone was staring at me. I smiled at them and started talking. “I’m okay you guys only a bit tired and confused about some personal stuff. But everything is okay, I promise.” I finished as I smiled at everyone individually. They smiled back but I could see in their eyes that they didn’t believe me for a whole 100 percent.  Nevertheless I continued eating, of course someone had to check on me again. Text message again.

Houcine: Maybe you fooled them or they just don’t wanna ask u again… but Idc. I know u to well to know that you’re obviously not “okay” just tell me what’s wrong. Does it have to do with me?

How was I supposed to respond on that? “yeah, it’s all because of you!” no way, I wasn’t going to say that. I didn’t know what to reply so I just didn’t. I know that, that was the stupidest and childish thing to do, but I couldn’t think of something else. I guess he figured that out, because he send me another text.

Houcine: fine. I take that as a “yes, it has to do with u” I’m sorry for whatever I did. Do you want to go for a walk after this? Please, I’m begging you. If you don’t want to then tell me at least what’s the matter with u…

Ok, well his last text did seem fair. A walk or a confession, either way I was stuck with saying something I didn’t want to. I have to admit though , I was impressed. I didn’t know that he knew me so well, I mean I could lie to my friends about stupid thing like that but he always knew when I was lying. He even knew if it was just through a text message. I replied before he would come over next to me and ask me in person. I wanted to avoid the drama for tonight.

Me: Sure, we can go for a walk. But I warn you, IF I don’t say anything and it becomes awkward don’t blame me…

Houcine: No, I won’t and believe me it’s never awkward with you J

Me: We’ll see about that…

I finished my meal and so did the others. We all wanted to take a dessert but were afraid to not finish it, the sweet taste of sugar going in the trash wasn’t something that we liked so we decided to take a chocolate birthday cake and split it up. It was so good, but more like a pie than a cake. All of it was in chocolate, if I had known that this was so good I would’ve had this for dinner. Next time I’ll make sure to order only the chocolate cake, yes I’m a chocolate freak.