chapter 8: Romance or hell?

Insaf's POV enjoy 

We finished our lunch and did some more shopping.  But only shoe shopping because I was tired off trying on every single thing that I liked. At 7pm I got a text from Omar saying that we should stop shopping and going over to where the boat trip would begin. Thank God I remembered where it was from yesterday. We didn’t take long, I was quite surprised.

We were greeted by the guys. Just a casual “Hi” and smirks. We saw some empty seats and sat down, putting all our shopping bags on the floor. Houcine came to sit next to me on the other side. So I was sitting between  Meryam and Houcine. He just stared at me with a smile. I have to admit it was an amazing, glorious and hot smile, the kind that would make feel like I’m in seventh heaven. Better ask him why he’s acting like that.

“Uhm…Houcine you alright? Why are you smiling like that?” I asked a little nervous, looking down at my hands in my lap so I didn’t have to face him.

I heard a chuckle. “Yeah, of course I’m alright. Everything is going as planned” I looked up. What it the world was he talking about? Oh, God I hope he and Omar didn’t plan something to embarrass us, I’m and the girls were probably too, way too tired to do something.

He continued talking. “So, what was that text about Marie this morning? Tell me, the trip isn’t starting for another half-hour I think. I think, I’m not sure but he doesn’t move until it’s full so..yeah tell me” he looked at me with those cute teddy bear brown eyes.

I didn’t want to tell him about it with Marie in the neighborhood, because knowing her she’ll probably have a payback coming up my way and that’s always more embarrassing and awful than what I do. So we went on deck and I took a seat, he immediately  sat down after I did and turned to face me with a smirk.  I start telling him all about our “crush- conversation, he let me know that if he ever needed to kick Dylan’s ass that he would do it. I found it cute that he cared about my friends, who were his too but yeah more mine and his  relationship with Marie wasn’t all chill and stuff. It was fun talking to him. He told me about his day, what he and Omar and the other boys had done and the boat started the engine. Paris was really beautiful by night, everything looked like in those romantic chick flicks, but actually being there gave it a whole other feeling. One that can’t be described by words.

After all the talking we just enjoyed the view, mostly because I didn’t got the chance yesterday. I was getting cold and started shivering. Houcine noticed and gave me his baseball jacket to weir.

“No then you’ll be the one having cold” I started but he just shushed me.

“I don’t want you to get ill, you have to enjoy this school trip. I want you to have fun and not staying all alone at the hotel while everybody is out” He said with a cute expression on his face that I couldn’t place. I just smiled as a reply.

“Ow, before I forget I got you something. Like a souvenir from Paris…nothing special” He took a small box out from his jacket, the one that I was currently wearing. He smiled at me while handing it over but I could see that he was nervous, I could see it in his eyes. I took the small box and opened it, I  saw a beautiful necklace with a picture of the Eiffel Tower on it. Not those average Paris-necklaces but this one was, I don’t know. It had like a story behind it, this guy had a good taste for accessories I thought in my head. I took the necklace from the box, to look closer at the picture and I saw that there was something else in the box. It was a cute charm bracelet. It was a girly one but I liked it nevertheless . Some of the charms were symbolizing Paris, like a little Eiffel Tower or The Arc The Triomphe . I looked up at him with a goofy smile.

“I take that smile as in you like them” He said but it sounded more like a question. I nodded my head.

“Yeah, I do like them. Thank you but why? Why did you buy me this?” I asked a little confused