Chapter VII

Okay, people. Here's the next update. Grammar Nazis and Spelling Police, please keep your mouths shut. I don't want to hear any of it. Share, vote, follow, and comment!

Next update: Change of Fate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lord Hokage, Kakashi Hatake is here with Team Seven's mission report," the Hokage's assistant said as she knocked on the office door. "Let him in," Hiruzen called. Kakashi opened the door, and walked inside. "Hope you're doing well, Hokage," he said with a nod as he placed the report on the Hokage's desk.

"Very well, thank you. The Chunin Exams are just around the corner, and I can't wait to see how our Genin performs," Hiruzen said as he picked up the report. Kakashi frowned under his mask. "Yeah, that's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about," he said.

Hiruzen frowned slightly, "What do you mean?" he asked perplexed. Kakashi tossed the mission report onto the desk. "Look at Naruto's performance review," he said. Hiruzen nodded slowly as he opened the file, and quickly scanned over the section.

"He destroyed a whole building without authorization, harmed the bridge builder's grandson, and was overall a loose cannon. I don't think that he should be able to take part in the Chunin Exams," Kakashi explained. Hiruzen sighed, "While I do value your insight, I still want him to take part in the Chunin Exams," he said as he set the file down.

"Think rational about this, Hokage. Naruto is too dangerous to be allowed to be promoted to Chunin ranking," Kakashi reasoned. "That might be true, but you and I have a lot of apologizing to do to Naruto. We both messed up big time, and we owe Naruto so much for our mistake," Hiruzen said solemnly.

Kakashi sighed. "Okay, I guess you're right, but I'm still going to keep an eye on him," he said. "Do what you want, Kakashi. Just don't do anything that will cross Naruto. I want him to go back to the way he once was," Hiruzen said seriously. Kakashi sighed, "I don't think that is possible anymore, Hokage," he said as he exited the room.

~Naruto Uwabami~

The snake-like boy sat in  a dim candlelit room. "In only a few months, and this place will go up in flames. Just as father promised," he hissed darkly.

The snakes all around him hissed in agreement. Naruto hissed in laughter as he stood up from his chair, and walked towards the front of the room. "Don't worry, my pets, you wouldn't go unrewarded...that is...if you fulfil your rolls," he said.

His snakes hissed, and the black haired boy laughter. "Don't worry, my pets, you will be able to see the field of battle soon. So just be patient," he said as he looked back on his pets, his eyes glowing with a purple aura.

His snakes looked at their master, and their eyes shined purple. Naruto hissed, "Now, how about we give me curse seal another test run?" he suggested, and his snakes hissed in agreement.

Naruto laughed as the candles blew out, and ten eerie purple eyes glowed within the darkness.

~Sasuke Uchiha~

The Uchiha Prince panted as he kicked the training dummy for the fifth time. "Damn him," the raven haired boy growled as he delivered another kick to the dummy.

"There is no value in killing the likes of you...My foolish brother...If you want to kill me...curse me! Hate me! And live a long and unsightly life...Run away...run away..and cling to your pitiful life. And then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me..."

The Sharingan flashed through Sasuke's eyes as he sent another kick at the dummy. "Damn it!" he yelled again. For the week that they got back, Sasuke had been training non-stop. That dream that the Uchiha had during the Wave mission had set set the Genin on edge.

"You know what, Uchiha, you're a disgrace to you're precious clan,"

Sasuke growled as he kicked the dummy again, sending it toppling into the wall. "What the hell does he know? He doesn't have a family, or a clan," he muttered hotly. The dope didn't know what it felt like to lose a family. He didn't know the pain it was to lose a brother. He didn't know the feeling of wanting to revenge on someone.

"How did he get so powerful? He's a clanless dope, and, yet, he was so skilled to be able to do all those moves during the Wave mission. He took on a high ranking rouge ninja, while I was knocked out by that smokescreen," Sasuke growled as he leaned down, panting."I will not lose to that clanless dope again," he thought.

~Sakura Haruno~

The pink haired kunoichi sighed as she walked towards the front gate, the Wave mission lurking on her mind. For her first C-ranked mission, she didn't do anything. "Sasuke battled Haku, while Naruto took down Gato, and what did I do? Nothing," Sakura thought as she looked up at the main gates. "Maybe I should rethink my life choices," she thought with a sigh.

"Come on, you two! You need to run faster if we're going to become a shinobi," a kid yelled as he ran past Sakura. "Konohamaru, wait up!" his friends yelled as they ran after their friend. Sakura smiled a little as she watched the three kids run around, without a care in the world. "It's refreshing to see kids like them running, acting like kids," she thought.

Sakura was snapped out of her daze, when Konomaru bumped into someone. "Hey, watch it, brat," the boy growled as he leaned down, and picked the younger boy up by the collar. "S-sorry, sir," Konohamaru whimpered as he started to tear up. The girl next to him sighed a little. "Kankurō, let the kid go. We don't want Gaara to hear about this," she reminded the boy.

"What Gaara doesn't knows, doesn't hurt him. So don't worry too much about it, Temari," Kankurō reassured. Temari sighed, "Do what you want, but don't come crying to me if Gaara finds out about this," she said. "Don't worry, I wouldn't be," Kankurō said.

"Be careful of your next action. You might just trigger an all out war. Not that I would mind, I would absolutely love to see this place be destroyed by war, but I don't think that anyone here would enjoy it as much as I would," Naruto said as he appeared from out of the ground. "Naruto?" Sakura said surprised.

Her snake-like teammate looked over at her, and smirked. "That's me name, don't ware it out," he said. Kankurō glared at Naruto. "What the heck do you mean?" he demanded. Naruto smirked as he turned towards the Suna ninja, and pointed at Konohamaru. "That brat you're holding, is the Hokage's grandson. Smack him, and the hounds of war will howl with glee," he said.

Kankurō paled, and slowly lowered Konohamaru down to the ground. "This is what happens when I leave you two idiots alone," a cold, emotionless voice commented from behind them. Kankurō paled even more, and slowly turned towards the voice. "G-Gaara," he stuttered.

Standing behind the two Suna ninjas was a red haired boy, around Naruto's age. "I'll deal with you two later," Gaara said as he slowly walked past his siblings, and stop in front of the blacked haired boy. "You, what is your name," he demanded. Naruto smirked, "Why would you want to know?" he inquired. "I want to know the name of the next person I am going to kill," Gaara answered.

Naruto let out a hissing laughter. "Confident, and right to the point. I like it. Naruto Uzumaki, and you might you be?" he asked. "Gaara of the Sand. Mother is demanding for your blood," the Suna shinobi said. Naruto laughed, "Well, tell your mother that she wouldn't want my blood. One drop of my blood, and it could kill a whole army," he said.

Gaara narrowed his eyes. "I am looking forward to giving your blood to mother. Temari, Kankurō, we're leaving," he said. "Yes, Gaara," his teammates said as they followed the redhead into the village. Naruto laughed, "I have a feeling that these exams will be very interesting," he mused.