Chapter V

Thanks for the wait, you guys! It must have been very painful. Anyways, before we start the chapter, there are a few things I would like to address. I am a busy person. I have a lot of things on my plate and don't have that much time to type as much as I would like. So I will update whenever I can, and you shall not complain about it.

Second, Orochimaru's laughter (Kukukukuku) is the same thing as "hehehehe." This, to put it on a simple note, is like an evil laughter or something like that. And lastly, I am gay. Therefore, most of my fanfics are yaoi. I know that has nothing to do with this fanfic, I am just saying. If you don't like Yaoi, then please look elsewhere (but I hope you will still support me and my non-yaoi fanfics).

Now that that's settled, I proudly present to you chapter five of Son of  the Snake. Please leave comments, they always make my day, and I enjoy hearing what you have to say.

~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for the food!" the people around the table cheered before they started to dig in. "So, Naruto, where did you run off to after training?" Kakashi asked as he looked over at his student in the corner of the room.

Naruto took a drag of his pipe, and puffed out a purple cloud. "Ran out to pick up a few things for Tsunami," he replied simply. Kakashi hummed, "There was quite an uproar downtown," he commented. Naruto shrugged, "Someone had the balls to piss me off," he replied nonchalantly.

Kakashi sighed, "You didn't kill anyone, did you?" he asked. "Only a few of Gato's henchmen," Naruto said as he puffed out a poisonous mist from his pipe. Kakashi was about to say more, but was cut off by the bridge builder's grandson slamming his hands on the table. "Everything that you're doing is pointless! Gato will just hunt you down and kill you! You people don't know what true suffering in, so just butt out!" Inari yelled.

The table went completely silent.

Naruto took a drag on his pipe and blew out a cloud of purple smoke. Slowly, he set his pipe aside and stood up. Naruto turned around and started to take off the top half of his battle kimono. When his kimono was partly open, he slipped his arms out and it fell to his waist.

Everyone, minus Kakashi and Sasuke, gasped at the sight of Naruto's back. The black haired boy's back was littered with scars and burns. "Hey, kid, you think you know what true suffering is? Well, my back thinks otherwise," he said as he slipped his arms back into the sleeves and tied up his top.

"Well, let me give you an idea of what true suffering is," Naruto said as he turned around and slowly started to walk towards Inari. The bridge builder's grandson fell out of his chair and crawled away. Kakashi went to stop his student, but found that he, and the others, were held down to their chairs by Naruto's chakra.

"Hmm...how should I show you true suffering," Naruto hummed. He snapped his fingers and a sadistic grin appeared on his lips. "Ah, yes...that's it," he said with a dark chuckle. "Naruto, don't do something you'll regret," Kakashi warned. Naruto laughed, "I wouldn't regret it, so I don't see how I would," he said.

Everyone in the room sweat dropped at the black haired boy's response. Well...they couldn't really argue with that logic. "Now then, let's get started," Naruto said as he leaned down and his eyes turned icy blue. As much as he wanted to look away, Inari found that he could not look away from the deadly eyes of the black haired boy.

Naruto's eyes were strangely alluring. They were beautiful and haunting at the same time. "Now, time for you to see what true suffering is like," he said he snapped his fingers in front of Inari's face, and the boy fell to the ground. "Inari!" Tsunami screamed.