The Impressionable Teenage Girl and The Confession

Start from the beginning

Walter hesitates but takes the money and nods. "Thank you, sir."

"No problem." I scoff. "Well wish me luck, I've got women problems with a girl I haven't slept with."

"Good luck sir, see you tomorrow."

After closing the door behind me, I walk up the steps to her house only to find the door open in front of me. Sage was wearing her hair up in a messy bun, glasses, and sweats. Her arms were crossed and eyes were narrowed at me.

"How'd you know I was here?" I ask.

"Greyson, no one in this neighborhood drives up here in a car like that, I'm sure aliens can see you." She turns around and walks away. "Come in and close the door behind you."

Closing the door behind me, I follow her into the Kitchen, several piles of paper were on the counter. Books were opened and pencil sharpening leftovers all around.

Sage sat down on the stool and turned down the music that was playing. "So what do you want, Mr. Blackstone?"

"We need to talk." I seat myself at a stool across from her.

"No, we don't." She frowns.

"You left my house in an angry hot fury, Sage, we need to talk about why." I explain.

"There's nothing to say Greyson, I'm just fed up with..."

"With?" I push.

"With the you, with the whole package that comes with you." She waves her hands. "I'm just not gong to live in a house where that's a daily thing."

"You do realize, Sage, that you're leaving for absolutely no reason." I say.

She slams her hand down. "No reason? Let me repeat that, NO REASON!?" Her eyes roll. "Greyson everyone may not know but I know, you sir are a manwhore. I feel like I keep having to explain to you this. I'm a seventeen year old girl, a senior in high school, and I'm engaged to a MANWHORE. I'm incredibly stressed about it, about who I'll see with you."

She sighs, rubbing the temples of her forehead. "I came from a family of monogamy, of love. My dad didn't worry my mom with things like this, she didn't stay up wondering when he'll get home or who he'll sleep with. She was happy in her marriage. And I want that." Her watery eyes meet mine. "I want to be with the guy I love but unfortunately he's a manwhore who's just going to hurt me."

I freeze.

My eyes slowly widen.

"So do me a favor and don't speak to me until we have to actually talk. I'll act the part of your wife or whatever but please do not make me live with you—"

"You love me?" I ask quietly.

Sage's eyes widen, realization had finally hit her of what she had said. 

"You love me." I repeat, assuring myself of this fact.

"Greyson."

"You love me." I say again.

"Greyson." She hisses.

"You. Love. Me." I say thoroughly.

"STOP!" Sage yells. "That's not the point of this, the point is, that's it's not beneficial for us to be near one another. It'll just hurt me and ruin your bachelor lifestyle."

"So last week, you weren't just angry for nothing, you were jealous." I fight the smile that's beginning to grow.

"Greyson!" She crosses her arms, turning around to hide her face.

"And that time at GQ, you didn't get mad for wanting to go home, you just didn't like seeing me with Brynn." I continue to realize aloud, smiling at this point.

"Ugh!" She throws her hands up and turns to me. "Greyson, this isn't funny."

"No, it's fucking hilarious, you out of all people love me." I scoff. "You've got to be shitting me, you've been at my throat since the day we were forced to be engaged."

"Yeah, I hated you then and you know what I STILL DO." Sage groans and storms out of the room.

I don't hesitate to follow her.

She runs upstairs and I go right behind her.

Before I reach her as she goes in her room, Sage slams the door shut and locks the door. 

Still amused with everything I knock on the door, taking note that I've followed a seventeen year old girl up the stairs of her house and eager to get in her room. Though I fight off the thought when I remember why.

Sage Slade is not only in love with me but jealous of any girl around me. Admittedly, the thought shouldn't be as amusing as I'm making it out to be but I can't help but enjoy it. From the moment she laid eyes on me she's held a grudge and now that I'm hearing this new information, I can't help but be curious.

"Open the door Slade." I demand.

"No." Sage grumbles.

"Come on, we need to talk about this." I say.

"I said NO Greyson." She repeats, angrily.

"If you don't I'll just start saying more stuff that you won't like." I knock on her door and threaten.

"Go ahead! You've already pretty much made this situation horrible and I'm regretting every second I said what I said. Not to mention I hate myself for even thinking it!"

"Just open the door."

"No, you don't understand." Her voice is shaky. "This isn't what it was supposed to be like...my first love was supposed to reciprocate my feelings not throw it in my face and make fun of me."

First love

Her first love was me?

"Come on get out, Sage." I knocked lightly, the amusement in my tone gone.

"No, I can't look at you, I prefer not to see you ever again." She says.

"Sage." I call out. "I'm being serious."

"I don't care."

"If I've offended you, I'm sorry." I apologize. "It's just the thought of the one girl who hates me more than anyone has feelings like that towards me is unbelievable."

"Well...believe it...because it's been bugging me for a week." She sighs. "I hate every second of this. The guy is supposed to say it first, it's supposed to be romantic, I shouldn't be in my room finding ways to change my identity and disappear."

"Don't do that." I say.

"Yes, I need a fresh start, away from this stupidity." Her voice goes low.

"Do you really want me gone that bad?" I ask.

"Yes." She says.

"Fine." I push myself off the wall. "I've hurt you enough, clearly, I should just go."

Silence.

"Bye." I rub the back of my neck, then turn around to walk downstairs.

I closed my eyes in hopes that she'd open the door, but nothing. Maybe it would be best to see her when it's necessary, this is probably a phase. She's an impressionable teenage girl, she can't possibly love me. Sage has just been exposed to my lifestyle, to me on a constant basis, it's most likely just that. Give her some space, that's what she needs.