"I'm sorry." The voice doesn't startle him as much as it should. He doesn't turn around. Instead, he brings his fingers up to his neck, touching the bruises softly.

"It's not your fault." Harry answers quietly, fingers brushing against the bruises.

"It is. It's all my fault. I should have never said—"

"You're a hero. This isn't your fault." Harry says, voice filled with sincerity.

"They want to kill you because of me. I like you Harry. I like you a lot and they know the way to get to me is to get to you." Spider-Man explains.

Harry lets the words sink in and his eyes widen in realization.

"Y–You like me? Me?" Harry asks, completely dumbfounded. How could someone amazing have a crush on someone as insignificant as him? He has never been one to stand out and the fact that Spider-Man said he likes him makes him wonder if he's just that oblivious.

"Yeah. I mean–shit–I uh, okay I made this awkward." Spider-Man says, scratching at the back of his neck.

"Kinda, yeah. But don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Ugh! No, she's my best friend. Everyone just assumes we're dating because she's everywhere I'm at." Spider-Man answers, honestly, "I'm uh...gay."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

It's quiet for a few seconds and Harry knows he should probably say something. He knows he's felt some sort of connection with this masked vigilante but he can't seem to form words.

If being with him brings danger, is it worth it? Is dating him worth bruises and cuts and trips to the hospital?

"I..." Harry doesn't know what to say.

"I should probably go." Spider-Man says, turning to leave quickly. Harry moves to stop him but he's at the window before he could stop him.

"Stay safe. I'm always here if you need me." With that he jumps out the window and into the early morning sky.

****
[University of Salford, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 2:43 pm]

"Care to tell me why you're wearing a turtleneck?" Niall asks, staring at Harry's horrible wardrobe choice. The lanky lad shrugs, shuffling through his papers, looking for the essay he wrote.

"H, look at me." Harry looks up and the dyed blonde stares at him for a few moments, taking in his sunken eyes and pale complexion.

"What happened?" He asks. Harry grits his teeth and shakes his head.

"Leave it be, Niall." He says instead. Niall raises an eyebrow and tugs Harry into the nearest bathroom. He locks the door and crosses his arms over his chest.

"What happened?" He repeats sternly. Harry swallows thickly, shaking his head. Niall moves over and yanks the turtleneck down roughly before Harry can do anything about it.

The purple and blue bruises stand contrast against his pale skin. Niall gasps and moves away.

"Who the fuck did that to you, H?" Niall asks and Harry looks down. The blonde huffs in annoyance and waits for Harry to answer. He doesn't.

"Harry. I'm being honestly serious, is someone threatening you?" Harry's eyes widen and he shakes his head quickly. He wants to tell Niall but.

What if the Green Goblin and Electro go after him? What if they hurt his best friend? He can't put him in that kind of danger.

"I...no. Listen, Ni, let's go. Please—"

"Talk to me! I don't want to see you getting hurt! Is someone doing this to you? I need to—"

"Niall! I said no! Just drop it." Harry says, leaving the bathroom quickly. He doesn't turn around. He knows if he turns around and sees Niall's broken and confused face, he'll tell him. And he doesn't want to hurt his best friend.

-----

guess who wants to write a larry/spideypool fanfic ?

This girl right here