eight

[Harry's flat, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 3:51 am]

Harry woke up with a killer headache and a sore throat. He coughed roughly, groaning at the feeling. He moves to stand up to get a glass of water when a voice stops him.

"You should rest." Harry jumps and falls back onto the bed, groaning in pain.

"W–Who's there?" He stutters out, looking blindly around the dark room. He tries to recollect his memories of the past few hours and comes up with small snippets.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Er, it's me. Spider-Man." A figure emerges from the shadows and Harry gasps at his appearance. His costume was cut up, burned, blood mixed with dirt and sweat.

"Holy shit. Are you okay?" Harry rasps, coughing at the pain in his throat. Spider-Man chuckles.

"I'm fine. How about you? You were quite the hero today." Spider-Man asks, sitting on his bed with a small grunt of pain.

"I–I was?" Harry asks, clearing his throat again. Spider-Man hums and moves to stand up again.

"Let me get you a glass of water." He says and shuffles out of the room.

This should be weird.

A man in a spandex costume is in his flat, beat up, probably blooding his hallway but.

It's not weird at all. He's amazed that someone that seems so powerful is caring for him. He's here making sure he's fine.

He smiles to himself as he thinks of Spider-Man looking through his kitchen to find a glass. He stands up and trudges into the kitchen, only to find Spider-Man trying to reach into a high cupboard where he keeps his glasses.

His body is something to die for, Harry is sure of that. The suit leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination. The way it accentuates his curves and the roundness of his bum. Harry wishes he could—

"I know you're staring at me." Spider-Man says, shooting a web and pulling the glass out of the cupboard. Harry blushes, looking down. He probably thinks he's a weird gay kid with hormonal problems.

"How did you—"

"Spidey senses." The hero says and Harry swears he's smiling under that mask. He serves Harry a glass of water and hands it to him. He leans against the counter and taps his fingers against the table.

"Can I ask you something?" Harry asks.

"Shoot."

"Why did they want me? I mean–I'm a nobody. I don't understand why I'm important to them." Harry says, drinking the water quickly.

"You're important, Harry."

"Why?"

"I–I just...I don't know. I'll keep you safe, though. Don't worry." Spider-Man says and goes quiet again. Harry furrows his eyebrows. There's more to this than this masked vigilante is letting and Harry wants to know. Super villains wouldn't just come after for no reason.

He turns and heads to the bathroom, throat feeling sore again. He flicks on the light and gasps when he looks in the mirror. His neck was bruised, purple and blue splotches littered his neck, each the size of fingers.