« ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ : ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ »

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀"Everyone in Seraph High knows where Mika-san lives."

⠀⠀⠀"Excuse me— everyone what?"

⠀⠀⠀"Nothing important!" She dismissed with the flick of her hand. "We're sorry to disturb you, but we need to speak with Yuu-san. Oh, and you, too. Please let us in." Her lips formed into a forced smile, and from what Mikaela could see, the three behind her stepped back as if frightened. Mikaela, unsure whom they were, stepped aside with a sigh as he rubbed the nape of his neck exhaustedly to let the group inside. As the girl began to make her way inside, she placed her palm on the base of his arm and smiled up at him cutely. "I'm Shinoa, by the way. My adorable, grumpy girlfriend over there is Mitsuba. Small, Yoichi. Tall, Kimizuki." Mikaela followed the trail of her finger from one person to the next, each pointing to the remaining three.

⠀⠀⠀Right when everyone had huddled into his small living area, in which was originally roomy if it wasn't for the people whom called themselves 'Yuu-chan's friends', Shinoa didn't hold back as she leaped onto the body under a bundle of blankets whilst singing his name loudly. "Oh, Yuu-san! Wake up, sleepyhead!"

⠀⠀⠀"Shinoa!" Yoichi protested in horror, preparing to pull the lilac-haired female back.

⠀⠀⠀Suddenly, with a yawn, Yuichiro's squinted emerald gaze opened, an obvious, yet unknown weight dragging his eyelids down. He slowly began to rise, lifting his knuckles to rub at his eyes. He brushed the blanket aside, oblivious to the four barely in front of him. "Mika...? That hurt, y'know." Kimizuki snorted, and Yoichi hit him lightly on the shoulder. Mitsuba sighed in exasperation, massaging her temples with gentle strokes. "No, Yuu, it's us."

⠀⠀⠀At the sound of her voice, Yuichiro's eyes dilated and he seemed to be more awake than just a moment ago. Blurry-vision and extremely exhausted, the raven could make out the familiar, various hair hues, and his expression formed frigid. Frozen to the bone, yet still blazing like he were in the depths of Hell. He wanted an explanation; and quickly. "What the hell are you all doing here?" Shinoa didn't seem at all wounded, nor did she wince at his evidently harsh tone. Unlike Mitsuba and Kimizuki, the pair took a threatening step forward with a growl.

⠀⠀⠀Shinoa smiled. "We haven't spoken in quite a while, and it seems you've made another friend." She motioned quietly to the awkward Mikaela leaning against the kitchen counters, staring attentively at his phone, though all could tell he was discreetly dropping into their conversation. "It's not nice to abandon friends, Yuu-san, especially ones that have been with you since you've been in diapers." Her expressions changed drastically, smile slipping away and forming into a frown, though she managed to maintain her steady tone. "We really miss you, Yuu-san. You and your silly, stupid self. But we love you anyway."

⠀⠀⠀The raven's jaw dropped. Guilt began to gradually engulf him whole, and he closed his mouth, gritting his teeth behind his lips. He had been so caught up in his own selfishness, he'd completely forgotten about his friends— friends he believe he didn't need any longer ever since he had met Mikaela. It came to him how much of a jerk he was acting toward the people he's known longer than he could remember. Sure, they were jerks themselves; constantly teasing him and unknowing when was over the limit, but they still cared. Yuichiro didn't like pity and because of that, he had assumed everything they were doing was just that— pity.

⠀⠀⠀But now, Yuichiro knew it was far more different than pity. It was love. It was care. He knew the past him— old, foolish, swallowed whole by the jaws of reality— wasn't who he truly was. Shinoa, Yoichi, Mitsuba, and Kimizuki were always there for him. He was just too blind. Even today, he still was sightless. Yuichiro's throat went dry, having to swallow loudly to regain ability to speak, though when he opened his mouth— nothing came out. He was speechless of what to say. After all, he'd been convicted guilty. Sighing, he just shook his head and without hesitation, opened his arms wide out toward the four.