Chapter 4

"I swear we will figure this out." Charlie promises while lowering herself to be level to my eyes.

At last, I'm able to stand up and I brush myself off. Instead of blood coming out of my cuts, black goo oozes. You could almost hear the sound of every heart breaking in the room. My body is dying, it is rejecting the wolf inside me. And everyone can see that. My brothers, the new pack, even the kid from the hallway.

Taking a deep breath, I calm myself before speaking. My nails have gone back to normal and I feel myself try to go back to what I would consider normal. "How did I get here?"

The boy from the hallway speaks up with fear clear in his eyes. "I saw you crumple to the ground so I called Scott and Liam. I'm Mason, by the way." He offered his hand to shake mine. I'm about to shake his when I feel glass still in my hand. Carefully I pull it out and watch it heal itself before I finally shake his hand.

"And what are you? You aren't a wolf that's for sure."

"Oh. I'm just Liam's best friend that got dragged into all of this." He gives a little smile at me and then over to Liam who smiles too.

"So like Stiles almost." I joke. Mason, Liam, Stiles, and Scott all nod their heads.

"I'm --" I'm about to apologize for lashing out but a wave of nausea comes over me and I feel like I'm about to pass out. The doctor that handed me the mirror offers his arms and leads me back to the table I was laying on.

"I'm Deaton, the vet here in Beacon Hills." He introduces and flashes a light in my eyes to keep me awake. "I need you to stay awake right now. Got it? Stay awake." I nod my head and try to focus on what he is talking about but I feel my eyelids start to drop and all noise slowly drifts away. Then as if I'm coming out of the water a single voice is heard calling me back.

"Hey. Stay awake. Come on, you have to do it. Come on Case. Stay awake." The more the voice talks, the more I feel myself being pulled out of the hole of darkness. Sounds come back to my ears and my vision stops blurring to see blue eyes pleading. "That's it Casey. Stay awake. Stay with me now. You got this. Fight it. Come on." Liam's voice and eyes continue to be the fighting force against whatever is happening inside. While I fight to stay awake, inside everything feels like it is being ripped apart. "Casey. Casey. Don't give up now. You got this." Slowly it becomes a losing battle. The battle inside and the battle for life is too much. Stay awake keeps echoing in my mind as the world eventually drifts away. 

Surprise Liam's POV!!
"Try kissing her Liam. Like sleeping beauty." Stiles suggests with a smirk on his face.

"I've only known her a day, plus, I don't think those types of things work." I feel myself responding. Both packs are in the room waiting for Casey to wake up again. Our pack huddles around the table, while the other huddle around their alpha in a corner. Since Casey passed out again, Charlie has been blaming everything on herself. Her brothers try to convince her that there was nothing she could've done to protect Casey but she is still taking this whole thing pretty hard.

"Aurora and Prince Philip only knew rather for a day and yet he fought a dragon for her." Stiles reasons and I hear Scott groan.

"How many times have you watched that movie?" Scott asks and a blush appears on Stiles's cheeks. From across the room I feel a pair of eyes focusing on us. I look up to see Charlie studying us, or more exact, studying Stiles.

"Deaton, what is going on with her?" Lydia asks bringing everyone back to the depressing situation at hand.

"Well, to determine that I need to know what happened." He looks at Charlie expectantly.