Chapter 1

We've been trapped in this false reality, where we thought that strength could overpower weakness. It was this illusion we couldn't break free of.
But has strength really ever overpowered weakness? Have our greatest strengths, just been our greatest weaknesses hiding in disguise all along? Are they here, these supposed strengths, to give us a false sense of safety, then reveal the true demons they are right when we need them most?

I feel the water of the shower running down my hair and back. Since that night happened I've been trying to be okay again but something inside me feels like it's at war. My shower thoughts have gotten deeper and darker as I feel myself slip into a hole. A hole that opened up and swallowed me that night.

Finally, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself and on my hair. Suddenly I realize the house is eerily quiet. I tighten my towel and then hesitantly walk downstairs.

My heart rate is erratic as I take steps downstairs. Feelings of dread fill my body. Cautiously I make it down and I peer through the doorway. In the living room two packs are found facing off.

Immediately I flash back to three days ago. Darkness, claws, fangs, blue, and blood. I hear the screams around me and I feel my breath escape my body. Unconsciously my fingers move to my chest where I still feel traces of pain.

"Casey. What are you doing down here?" A voice snaps me out of the memory.

"I just wanted to see why it was so quiet in here." I respond. Behind my sister is see the ghost of the wolf. But he's just a memory. I try to blink the memory away but I can't seem to.

"Are you okay?" My brother whispers as he puts his hand on my back to help me stand.

"I'm fine." I whisper back and step away from him.

"As we were saying, we just wanted to see who the new pack was." One of the boys in the room interrupts which forces my attention to the new group. A pair of eyes catch my attention. Lightning blue. Another flash of the electric claws pierces my mind.
But through the memory, the eyes seem to bring me back to reality, a place I haven't seemed to be in for a while.

"Why would we want to see you?" My sister growls and I feel the need to mediate this confrontation.

I calmly walk over to her and place my hand on her shoulder. "How about we all introduce ourselves. That's the normal thing right?" My dark blue eyes peer and plead into my sister's green eyes. I can see the memory still clear in her mind causing her to be more cautious.

Finally she sighs and calms down enough to confront the other group. My brothers all follow her lead and calm down themselves.

"I'm Charlie the alpha, my three betas are Dean, Sam, and Everett, and our omega is Casey." She points out each of us as she says our names.

One of the boys steps forward to assert himself as the alpha of his group. "I'm Scott the alpha, the banshee over there is Lydia, Kira is the Kitsune, Malia is a werecoyote, and Liam is my beta." He introduces almost everyone but leaves out the human in the room.

"You aren't a typical pack are you?" Sam asks and they all kind of laugh. Honestly, I try to examine every new person but my eyes can't seem to leave Liam's blue eyes.

"You said your name is Scott. Is your last name McCall by any chance?" Charlie asks and dread fills my body.

"Yeah, how did you know?" He calmly responds and I feel the whole world collapse. I see Charlie lunge forward to attack him right before darkness takes over my vision and I fall into one of my brother's arms.

When I come to, I'm on the couch. Someone had put a sweatshirt and sweatpants on me and my towels are thrown into a pile on the opposite side of the room.

Scott is nursing his nose that I'm guessing Charlie ended up punching.

"Hey, are you okay?" Blue eyes that peer into mine are filled with concern.

I start to sit up and Dean and Sam help me.

"I'm sorry. Did you say your name was Scott McCall?" I ignore Liam's question as if I never heard it.

The truth is, I'm not okay. I haven't been okay since the night three days ago happened. Every since that moment I have been paranoid. Haunted. Torn. Inside it feels like two things are fighting for power which makes me feel like everything is being torn apart. I constantly see the pair of talons that sliced through my skin and I hear the echoes of my sister calling my name. So, no I'm not okay. I don't know if I will be totally okay again.