Wedding Dresses & Wine

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath and opened the front door, the fresh air smacking me in the face. Then I saw Penelope standing by her car and she waved at me, smiling.

I walked up to her car and got in the passenger seat, "So why did you want me to come with you today?" I asked and she got in the car.

"I wanted you to help me pick out a wedding dress." She smiled and pulled out of the Bently driveway.

"Isn't that what your mother is for?" I looked at her and she pushed her hair off of her shoulders.

"Mother wanted to spend time with Gina this evening. It hurts that she'd rather be with Gina than me, but I'm okay because you're with me." I kind of felt sympathetic for her, but then I remembered, she's marrying my man. I can't be sympathetic for her.

It was quiet the whole ride, and I started thinking about Malina. I haven't talked to her in days, and I don't even know if she's alive.

"I'm going to call someone right quick." I said to Penelope and she nodded her head, smiling. I picked up my phone and called Malina.

"Hello?" her voice sounded muffled, and I think she was yelling.

"Hey M. It's Anastasia." She moved around for a minute and it sounded like she kicked something over.

"Who?" she half-screamed and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Um, Anastasia. Your best friend since forever ago." I shook my head and smiled again.

"Oh that's right. Shit. Sorry. I just woke up in some random guy's house. I don't even know where the hell I am," she yawned after she got done screaming in my ear, "How're you and rich fucker?"

I laughed and looked down, "Great. We aren't arguing that much so... That's a plus."

"Is his balls out of that girl's mouth yet?" she yelled and I covered my other ear.

"I guess you could say that." I stifled in a laugh.

It was quiet for a minute, but then she started yelling curse words, "Shit! Ana, this fucker just puked all over me. Can I call you later? You know, when I'm sober and fucking clean?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to know if you were okay." I smiled and ran my hand through my hair.

"I'll be better when I shove a cork up this guy's ass and mouth. Lates." She ended the call and I laughed a little.

Then Penelope pulled into the parking lot of a dress shop and smiled at me, "We're here."

I got out of the car and looked at the sign. It looked expensive. You probably couldn't even buy a dress here for under $700.

We walked in and were immediately greeted by a woman, "Penelope! I've been expecting you!" the woman exclaimed and I snorted.

"You have? Wow," I nodded my head and looked around, "It's a, nice place you got here. Yeah. Looks like some threw up over there." I pointed to a yellow and green dress and the woman scoffed.

"Penelope, who is your friend?" she asked and Penelope smiled.

"She's my maid of honor," Maid of honor? I looked to her and she nodded, "She was supposed to be a bridesmaid, but I changed my mind."

"Well a friend of Penelope is a friend of mine. Here, your dresses are over here and I will set you off with a bottle of wine." She smiled and led us to a small room.

I sat down on the couch and sighed, "Do you wanna start trying on dresses?"

"Yeah, I'll get the first one." Penelope clapped and walked into the dressing room.