CHAPTER 1

Song: "Bad Child" - by Tones and I.

*****************

With his hair the color of fresh snow and his eyes the murkiness of a polluted dam, Cameron was unique in appearance and character. He stood tall, his shoulders squaring evenly and straight while his arms curled up on his chest. The dark washed jeans he wore curved with the muscles of his legs, while his simple black shirt clung desperately to his toned physique. Even in his current environment, he really was all that the tabloids had made him out to be.

Daxton despised it all.

"You need to calm down," Cameron mumbled lazily. It wasn't surprising to see his relaxed attitude. Daxton had long since given up expecting much from his little brother.

He sighed, finally throwing his body against the cushioned sofa. His hands rubbed aggressively against his face in the hopes of wiping away his exhaustion and frustration. "Just once I wish you'd see the severity of your actions."

Cameron snorted and Daxton felt it like a knife wound. "This is your second time," he eventually said, looking at his brother who had since moved to sit across from him. He blamed himself. Maybe he should have been harder on Cameron instead of sheltering him as much as he did. Maybe, just maybe, Cameron would be different.

"No one died."

Daxton glared. "That doesn't make it okay! You hurt someone Cam. You were arrested! What part in all of this is confusing you?"

"Just pay the guy and let's move on."

Daxton reached for the cushion beside him, stood up and walked towards Cameron. He didn't give his brother a chance to register his actions; he just swung. "What the hell Dax?" his brother shouted in complete bewilderment.

"You're a screw-up."

"Well that isn't very nice."

Daxton shook his head before moving towards the balcony, grabbing a cigar on the way. He ignored his brother and simply moved towards the furthest corner and lit the temptation in his hand.

"You don't smoke." Cameron stated and Daxton snorted in reply. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"I can't deal with you right now Cam. You've really screwed up this time."

It was quiet. He could feel his brother behind him, but he refused to look at him. He was too furious, too scared. Of all the things his reckless brother could do, driving drunk and getting into an accident was one he wished Cameron knew better not to do. All Daxton had wanted was one week of calm but as usual, Cameron could never let him rest. He hadn't been able to sleep since first arriving at the police station twenty hours ago.

"I just don't see what the issue is. I didn't kill the guy." His brother sounded so innocent, mumbling under his breath with confusion lacing every syllable. It reminded Daxton of just how naive and immature his brother really was.

He turned around, eyes blazing. "You hurt him. The driver has a concussion and a broken collar bone. That we know of. The DUI is now on your permanent record. We're already struggling to find you work, after this, you'll be lucky to get a job as an extra for a stage production."

Cameron gasped dramatically as though the thought disgusted him. "You're being dramatic."

"I really wish I was. Cameron, I have been begging producers and agents to give you jobs but you're too much of a risk right now. If this carries on, we're going to both be unemployed by Christmas."

Shock radiated across his porcelain features. His eyes blinked roughly. "What do we do? I can't stop working. I love acting."

Daxton stubbed out his cigar and stormed into the house again. He gathered his car keys and wallet knowing that what he really needed was his best friend.