Chapter 7 - Bullet Proof

Start from the beginning

"Get out of here." I told him, my hand unwavering as it'd been many times before. He struggled up from the floor, and then started running towards me. I shot him in the foot once, but even then he continued limping towards me. I steadied my hand, firing another in his knee and then dropped the gun in a corner.

"Get the fuck out of my club." I yelled, "And someone call the fucking cops. They'll know where to find me."

***********

I walked outside, the side of my tank top was drenched in blood but I'd experienced worse. Two of the bouncers were unconscious in the alleyway. I smacked them both awake.

"Get your asses inside, and do some damage control. And after that, don't fucking come back." I sneered. "Good for nothings," I muttered, saddling my motorcycle.

Somehow I'd managed to take myself home in one piece, don't ask how. Ben's car was in the driveway, he wouldn't be expecting me home for another three or four hours. Swinging my legs off the bike, I immediately fell to my knees.

"Damn it," I groaned, my body felt like too much for my legs to manage. I can't believe I let this happen. My hands dragged harshly against my cheeks, wiping away the hot tears that had escaped.

Melissa would be so disappointed.

After a few minutes, I'd worked up the energy to drag myself inside. Loud moans from upstairs startled me as I was on my way down to my room. I made me even more upset that Ashley was up there right now, having the time of her fucking life.

I took a warm bath, and then pulled out my first aid kit. After cleaning, and sewing the wound, I swallowed an oxy and tried to fall asleep. Even after taking the pain meds, my body was relentless. I staggered up the stairs, feeling high as a kite. Pushing the door slightly, I could hear low murmurs in the kitchen.

The lights were still on, and it was pretty late. Ben was leaning into a blonde, and although I could only see her back, I knew it wasn't Ashley. The blonde was way too thin to match Ashley's shapely curves, and her hair was way too long. So, putting it all together—she was the one moaning just a few moments ago.

Although I was happy that Ben wasn't fucking Ashley, I couldn't help the rage the boiled up within me at the sight.

"You've gotta be kidding me." I said, way louder than I'd intended. My body felt as though I'd been floating on air, thanks to the pain medication I'd taken only a half hour ago.

Ben jumped, startled at my voice. The blonde he was with raised a brow at me, not bothering to cover her half nakedness as she sat on our kitchen counter. The counter that I eat at, was covered in the aftermath of sex.

"This just keeps getting better and better," I threw my arms up, my face getting hotter as the seconds roll by.

"Robin—"

"Don't fucking Robin me, Benjamin." I said pointedly. "You told me that you weren't cheating on her, you promised me. We argued about this not even twelve hours ago!" As I walked towards them, the blonde woman had hopped down from the counter, standing behind of Ben.

"What the hell is it to you anyway?" His lips twitched as he stomped over to where I was standing. "You've never cared about who I fucked before, why is this any of your business Robin? Do you have some sort of fetish with meddling in my personal life?"

"Are you kidding me?" my chest was burning. I didn't know who this person was anymore.

"What, you think you're the only one who gets to sleep around?" he yelled, arms trembling at his sides.

"You really are a piece of shit," I spat.

I'd seen him with miss brunette just hours ago, that's considered way past the point of just sleeping around. In fact, no sleeping was being done at all if you really thought about it.