“I saw you personally,” He growled. “What are you sayin’ you weren’t with her?”

“I don’t know, air-head. I make the girls scream my name. Not the other way around,” I scoffed.

He jumped at me, but one of his friends held him back, “She’s with me . . .”

“No apparently she was with me,” I teased.

“Listen, punk, Sally is my girl. You have no right put your slimy hands on her,” He poked my chest.

“No, you ,listen,” I pushed off the wall tossing my cigarette to the side. “I will put my slimy hands on whoever I damn-well please and you can’t say shit about it. And if every touch me you’ll never see the light of day again.”

There was only three of them. They would be dead before they even knew what hit them.

“Oh really, punk,” He lightly shoved me, “And what are you going to do about it?”

I smiled showing my teeth. Like a snake I grabbed his hair ripped his head to the side and dug my teeth into his neck and ripped a chuck away. I let go and let him drop and then I snapped the other two’s necks quickly and smirked as they fell to the ground.

There was blood dripping from my mouth onto my white shirt, but I didn’t care I turned down the nearest alley and continued my nightly walk.

Suddenly there was a familiar scent in the air. I stood straight and let a low growl escape my throat.

I heard him click his tongue a few times in disapproval and then step out of the shadows right in front of me, “That was very irresponsible, brother. You will be discovered in no time,” He shook his head slowly at me.

He was dressed similarly to me. Black shoes, blue jeans, t-shirt, but he was not wearing a jacket.

“Who cares? I will just move on to the nest town,” I snapped, “What are you doing here?”

“I am looking after you , brother. You are very sloppy with your work. I could track you without even trying.

“Yeah, yeah, I don’t give a rats ass,” I snapped.

“Damon, please,” He became serious.

“We are all we have. Erick left this family nearly the moment he turned and Sarah . . .”

“She is dead because of you,” I growled, “How can I hang around the man that killed my little sister?” I responded annoyed.

“Because I didn’t pull the trigger, because I am your little brother,” He sighed.

“Not anymore,” I growled and then turned away. I ran to the apartment I owned here in New York and changed into to clean clothes. I went back out into the streets and began to walk again.