Part Ⅲ

I went home that day with the biggest grin. I've never...smiled that way in a long time, especially not around my brothers.

I hid it well in time for dinner, but sometimes I was caught wearing a smirk or two.

"...What's up with you, Ichimatsu? Had enough to drink or somethin'?" Osomatsu's voice pierced my ears.

I snapped out of a daydream of me tickling my sensitive lover. Ah... Good times. I responded a bit too quickly, but Osomatsu didn't think too much about it being the airhead he was.

"N-No. Leave me alone.." I blurted.

"Pfft. Can't hide anything from me!" He retorted.

'Yeah, right.'

"Focus on eating before I take the last squid, Osomatsu!" Choromatsu dived in his plate.

"Hey!"

I tuned out of the whole thing, picking in my food for a bit. I felt Jyushimatsu nudge me hard before long. I turned, watching as he opened and closed his mouth. With confused eyes, I darted back to my own plate, realizing he wanted some.

My heart sank to my stomach as I watched him enjoy my portion. Something about the way he smiled cut me up inside.

Would he always be this way? Was I hurting him by not telling him anything?

My hands were shaking and I didn't even realize it. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as my eyes shifted to Shittymatsu sitting across the table. He was scrutinizing me for a moment under those thick eyebrows. His mouth moved silently as if he was going to say something, but I dismissed it quickly by standing up and going to my room.

I knew he was still watching me by the time I left the room, but I didn't care. Since when did Shittymatsu care about me? When did any of them care?

Anger sprouted up in me once my face hit the pillow, but not before my phone went off in my hoodie pocket.

I yanked it out...seeing who the message was from.

Hey. Did you make it home okay?

Finally, someone who didn't irritate my soul. I replied, trying to hide a smile.

Ichi: Yeah. Doing okay?

Of course! =^.^= I'm more worried about you though...

Ichi: Why? I'm fine ya know.

Yeah I know. You always say so but I still worry! •///•

I placed my phone down for a moment, trying to contain myself. I couldn't handle this level of cuteness sometimes.

Ichi: >~> Worry about yourself, cutie.

Haha! You're always so nice to me Ichi. Thank you~ u///u

This went on for a while before I felt myself drifting to sleep. I said "goodnight" and even sent a heart too. It felt so unlike me, but I guess that was the point of being with someone.

At least... That's how I always thought it was supposed to be.

--