2- Dance is the Stuff of the Soul

Have you ever had a moment where time just stands still, and you hear one sentence over? And over? And over? Like, 'You can never have children', or 'Your loved one has passed away', or 'You have cancer'.

But there are postive ones too, like 'You're having twins', or 'Here's your new house', or 'I do', and 'I will always love you'. But the truth or the matter is, I was just told that I may never be allowed to dance. Ever. Forever is a long time.

"You okay?" Maya whispered, acting like I was about to crack. Which I guess I was. Shell-shocked, I stared at the doctor.

"Never? As in never? Ever? In my life?"

"Well there is a slight chance you will heal in time, but you can never wear pointe shoes," the doctor said gravely.

Oh. Maybe I could just teach something? Anything. At least watching people dance could help.

***At her apartment***

Walking around my apartment was a chore. Hunched over on crutches, ankle wrapped in a bubble-gum pink cast. I tried to avoid looking at it, because everytime I did, all I could see was broken dreams. The pink didn't help. I decided to go for a walk down the street to maybe look for a new job, as the company was no longer paying me.

Babysitter? No, kids hated me. Dog-walker? Ew! Waitress? Um.. Broken ankle. I scanned over the notice board, hoping for something to catch my eye. Nothing. Wait?!

I carefully balanced on my crutches and reached for the option. Could it be real? Could I do it? I grabbed the poster, and my momentum swung me backwards. I was sure I was going to have to go to the doctors (again) when something muscular caught me.

"Be careful princess," the deep voice rumbled, "you never know what you might just fall into."

I looked up, not knowing what to expect, and gasped. No. Freaking. Way.

Then it all went dark.

***James' P.O.V.***

"Dude, we should go start training, otherwise Coach is gonna kill us," Zach groaned with a pained look on his face. I snorted.

"Like he isn't already?" Zach gave me a look that said 'not my fault'. Which it totally was, by the way.

I sighed and got to my feet. My powerful 6'3" frame stretched as I rose to my full height. "I'm going to go out on a walk around our new neighbourhood. Wanna come?" I asked reluctantly, not really wanting Zach to say yes.

"No!! See yah later man," Zach clapped me on the shoulder and headed out. Coach thought we were getting spoiled, so he made us move into apartments - which were NOT built for football players - so we could 'have more responsibility'. But, I trusted Coach and assumed he had a method to his madness.

I was walking along a street when I saw a gorgeous girl with a dancer's body, long and lean, with a bright pink cast on her ankle looking at a notice board. Pink? Not my first choice. As I got closer, I realized that she was scanning job options. Then a poster caught my eye. It was advertising to teach my team ballet!! Coach was serious???

I broke into a jog to grab the poster and take it down when I saw the girl go for the it! She was obviously off-balance, and about to collapse into the street. I raced over to her and caught her just as she was falling.

I looked at her and chuckled slightly. "Be careful princess, you never know what you might just fall into."

She looked at me more closely. Then her wide blue-green eyes got even bigger, and she murmured, "No. Freaking. Way." before passing out in my arms.

Well, I thought to myself, all in a days work. Then I took her to my apartment. With the poster.

Point out any grammar, spelling mistakes etc in the comments!!!

Okie dokie! 

VOTE

COMMENT

ADD TO LIBRARY

Love you guys! :* 

-DancinLeprechaun xoxo <3