Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

“Go check on the kids, me and Ellie will handle this.” Katelynne says to her. She nods and trudges up the stairs. I walk over to Alan and throw his arms around my shoulder.

“Ellie,” burp. “You  missed a rad ass party.” He burps again and then his whole body goes slack. There’s sand falling out of his hair and his mouth is hanging open.

“Geez Alan,” I struggle to keep him up, but I got him up the stairs and thrown onto a bed. Tino and Phil walk in after me. Phil is little tipsy, Tino is completely sober. He gives me a tiny smile and walks in the room. Aaron bounces in after him and I walk to the hall. Katelynne is staggering up the stairs with a drunk Mitch and tipsy Kellin who is tripping over everything.

“Want me to help?” I ask. She takes a sharp intake of breath.

“Yeah, can you get Kellin?” I nod and walk over to him. He starts to slap my hands.

“I can do this!” he slurs. He lifts his foot up and falls backwards. He crashes into Austin and they fall down the stairs onto the floor. Kellin pulls a liquor bottle out of his pocket and takes a sip.

“Kellin!” I walk down the stairs and snatch the bottle away. I put it in my back pocket and lift him up by the shoulders. He doesn’t move his feet, so the challenge becomes a tad bit harder. But I manage to get him into Katelyn's arms.

“Thanks,” she breathes. She drags him into their room and the door closes. Jolie walks out.

“Everything alright?” she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Yeah. I can handle Austin.” She nods.

“Night Ellie.” She smiles.

“Night Jolie. Tell Kenadee I said night too.” She nods and walks into her room. I go to Austin who is now curled up in a ball on the floor.

“Come on Austin.” I try to pry his arms apart.

“I saw her.” he slurs.

“Saw who?” I ask while trying to get him to stand.

“Gielle. She was fucking hot.” A pang of jealousy hits my heart.

“Was she?” I gulp. I focus on getting him to stand.

“Yea. Man, I just wanted to fuck her.” he’s drunk I know it. He’ll forget about it in the morning. “You should’ve came. You could’ve saw how smoking she was.” He strips over his feet and falls into my arms. I take this opportunity to drag him.

“Austin, I don’t care.” I mumble.

“Why? You jealous that I find her more attractive than you?” he snaps.

“No. but it would be nice if you didn’t rub her in your ex-girlfriends face!” I retort.

“That’s why we call them ex,” he puts emphases on ex. I felt tears stinging me eyes.

“You don’t mean that.” I say.

“Yes I do.” he says. “Ellie, you’re nothing but a slut. You dated Vic, Andy, and fucked Ryan while dating Vic.” He whispers in my ear. “Ryan tells me everything. That’s why they’re kicking you out the band. You’re a slut, a whore, so get over it.” He pushes me aside and trips up the stairs. I’m left at the bottom of the stairs with tears threaten to pour out at any moment. I know he didn’t mean that. He’s drunk. But then again, he sounded pretty sober to me. I take out my phone and dial Devin’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hey Devin, sorry, but I was wondering are you anywhere near Long Beach?” I ask.