Chapter Eighteen

On the Bright Side

~Ellie~

“Okay, who’s not gonna believe me when I say this, but Rise Records wants us to come down and talk about the possibility of being signed!” I yell. The previous night had all came in a blur. We were drinking out of our minds and I face timed Vic, but I was too drunk to remember what happened with the call. But Austin had called. It started off with yelling and fighting, but in the end, he told me what he did. He explained that he was sorry for what he did and in return, he sent a video mash-up of our performances and sent it to his current record label, Rise Records. Our current labels are Epitaph Records, thanks to Ronnie and now Oliver, and Equal Vision. But we dropped out of Equal Vision. I remember we couldn’t get signed to Fearless Records because my brother was signed there, but my brother is also signed to Rise Records too. When I told Austin about it, he simply said.

“They know.” They know and they still want to sign us! I needed a song to perform, in case they wanted to hear one. Miley slammed her phone on the table.

“Shut up! We would be singed to same record as your brother, Seeping with Sirens, Memphis May fire, uh….” She was so focused on the fact that we might get signed, she hadn’t even notice she was pouring an energy drink in her coffee.

“……Miss May I, Crown the Empire, Of Mice and Men.” It was so excited. We walked off the bus and took in the foggy air. The fair hasn’t even opened up yet, but you could feel the energy rocking off the rides.

“We have to ride the roller coaster first.” A voice speaks into my ear.

“Andy, are you sure you would even fit, you are rather, tall.” Both of us don’t perform until tonight, so we have the chance to enjoy the fiar.

“Tall? Psh. I’ll manage.” After helping everybody else set up, the fair gates open and we had fun. Miley was piggy backing on Jinxx’s back. We split our separate ways. Andy, CC, Ashley and I went to the right, towards all the fast rides while everyone else, except for Ryan and Max, went to the food court. We are all dressed in black, I mean it’s normal for them, but for me, it was a first. We went on to the roller coaster. CC was screaming and throwing his hands up in the air. Andy on the other hand was about to puke and I happened to be next to him. Ashley was making out with a girl next to him. Me, well, I was having the wind knocked out of my lungs. When the ride ended, Andy struggled to get out the cart. But when he did, he stumbled over to a trash can and puked.

“Whoa! Sick!” CC yelled. Next thing you know, I was huddled over the same trash can puking up my insides, even though my insides are empty. Next Ashley dragged me to a tent that did hair dyes. I got my hair dyed black. It’s not that bad. CC than takes control and takes me to get a tattoo. I get the dream catcher tattoo I wanted, but this time, on my back and then Andy drags me to get my lip pierced.

“Andy, are you sure about this?” I ask. CC ad Ashley stand by.

“You are going to make a beautiful addition to Back Veil Brides.”

“Yeah, but why a lip ring?” I ask.

“Because, yo daddy has one.” Andy interjects. Good thing it was being done on my left, because like Austin, Andy, and Vic, my nose ring is on my right. I sit on the seat and they give me mouthwash to rinse my mouth out with. Andy dots thte part on my lip where the ring will be placed. The clamp it and then they tell me to take a deep breathe. On the exhale the stick the needle through the inside out. While they are putting the ring in, I muttering one word to Andy.

“You bitch, you bitch you bitch.” But it came out more like. “Do ditch.” Weird. Within minutes were done. My whole body feels sore and to make it worse, we still have a show to do.

Fuck my life.

-Showtime-

~Andy~

Seeing them perform for the second time was amazing. I had face timed Juliet so she can hear them. Ellie had on a Suicide Silence shirt and her band was rocking it.

There's something in the look you give. I can't help myself I fold. I can't help myself at all. There's something in each touch when we kiss. I scream "God forgive me please," Because I want you on your knees

But I don't wanna think about it now. I know I won’t get out if I'm falling. So I don't wanna think about it now. It's dark in my imagination. It's dark in my imagination.

Something in the look you give. Now, are you giving you to her, 'cause I'm not entirely sure. Can't help but wonder where you've been all day. To say when I'm so far away. Let you give yourself a taste.

I don't wanna think about it now. I know I won’t get out if I'm falling. So I don't wanna think about it now. It's dark in my imagination. It's dark in my imagination. Dark in my imagination. Dark in my imagination. I don't wanna think about it now. I see her in my head, Are you somewhere waiting to meet? I don't wanna think about it now. Is this all that you said (?) All the secrets that you keep. But I don't wanna think about it now. I don't wanna think about it now. I don't wanna think about it now.” While Miley did the rest of the sining which was repeating “It's dark in my imagination” Miley climbed up the ladder that lead to a ramp that has an overlook on the crowd. I felt a weird pain of déjà vu.

“Babe, you okay?” Juliet looked at me.

“I….I don’t know. I feel like something bad is about to happen.” I admit.

“I’m sure it’s nothing.” I turn her to face the crowd when it happen. She was getting off the ramp when it moved and her foot slipped. She disappeared in a space between the stage and the stairs. I turned the phone back to my face and Juliet’s face was shocked.

“Juliet,”

“Andy, make sure she’s okay.” I ran past the crowd to the spot where Ellie fell. Here’s where the déjà vu kicks in. just like me when I fell and broke my ribs. Here she is lying in an almost fetal position, constantly moving. She turned on her back and put her legs up. She must be in pain.

~Ellie.”

*Couple minutes before accident*

It was a song that I wrote about Ryan and Austin. How they’re fucking up my system of peace. I climbed the ladder that led to the ramp. In the crowd I could see Andy holding his phone out to me. on the screen was Juliet. She has never heard me sing before, so we agreed to face time her. I held the mic back to my lips as Miley kept sining below.

“I don’t wanna think about it now…………I don’t wanna think about it now.” The ramp began to move as I put my foot back out to the ladder, but my foot slipped and I fell. I bashed my face on the ladder and then I dropped a good fifteen feet and fell on my back and rolled to my side. My cheek took a pretty good blow from the ladder. I coughed out in pain and began to groan. I’m not much of a crier when it comes to physical pain. I try to breathe, but it’s hard to. They come out in short pants. My stomach is killing me, my lungs mostly. Within minutes, people are rushed to my side. They began to touch me and I scream in pain. I roll onto my back and I groan again. I bring my knees up and I pant again. Andy is by my side and is looking at me.

“Yup. Just like yo daddy. Not only do you get a lip ring like him, but you gotta break your ribs like him too.” I laugh and they groan again.

“Dammit. Help me up.” I say. Our manager and Max help me up and I have to lean on Max for support. “Hand me the mic.” They all give me a confused look.

“Did I speak German? No, now hand me the damn microphone before I rip one of your fucking throats out.” I spat. One of them hands me the microphone and I drag myself to the stage. Max gets behind the drums. Miley comes up to me.

“What are you doing?” she hisses. The crowd is looking at us and some are giving us hoots.

“I’m not stopping this show. Everyone else thinks low of us because were the rookie band. I broke some ribs. Great. Now let’s take it from the bridge and finish the song.” I say while trying to breathe regularly. She nods and takes her position. She taps her foot three times and we start again. It may have hurt as hell, but I managed to finish the last three songs. At the end, I dropped to my knees as the pain became unbearable. The crowd was cheering and some were giving me looks of surprise. I remember Andy running to me before everything turned black.