Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Story Of My Life

~Max

“Okay we obviously have a lot to discuss, first, Miley.” She nods. We are currently seated in the back lounge, having a band meeting. Everyone is in their Pj’s and is drinking some alcohol beverage of sort. She takes the empty bottle and spins it, landing it on who gets to go first. It lands on Ryan.

“Cool beans. Okay, I have only one thing to say, Andy. He’s becoming a real ass and I think he’s stealing my weed bro.” he huffs. Max snickers at him, his curls bouncing. Ryan raises his hand and smacks Max upside the head. “I’m serious. He’s becoming a problem.” I nod and write it down on a notepad. Ryan spins the bottle and it lands on Miley. She quickly ties her multicolored hair into a sloppy bun and begins to rant.

“I, too, also have a problem with Andy. Today, he picked a random fight with me, that’s why I was trying to choke him.” The image replayed in my head. I walk back to my bus to find Miley straddled on his waist, hands around throat, while Andy himself was trying to push her away. His was face palming her, shoving her face away, but that didn’t stop her from chocking him. It took three WCAR guys and Beau to pull her off.

“He was talking about the fact that he hooked up with the chick at a bar and then had to nerve to say he had to explain some stuff to you. He then called me a nit-wit and that is when the fight came on.” I nod and write this down. So far I have a chart. One it is two categories. Andy and Other. So far, two votes for Andy. She spins the bottle and gratefully, it landed on Max. I had too much to say. But it was a little off that every meeting we have, I always goes last.

“Hey, guys. I it just me or the fact that every meet we have I always go last?” I look into their eyes for answers. Miley looked me dead in the eye, she has a good poker face. Next was Ryan. It was hard to tell because his pupils weren’t even dilated. I shoot my glare at Max and his eyes widen in fear.

That’s right, come clean.

After a minute he cracks.

“Okay! Okay! Just stop giving me The Look!” he reached into his pocket and dumped out five magnets.

“Gigs up Ryan.” Miley says. They too empty the contents of their pockets. All of them magnets.

“So you all use magnets to attract the bottle?” the all nod in agreement.

“Yup.” Max said popping the “p”. “We figure you always have the most stuff to say, so it’s better if you go last.” Even though it’s true, I couldn’t help feel quite embarrassed by this. My mom would tell me this all the time. As she quote, I was quite the talker.

“Well, I do have something to discuss.” My best friends groaned and took another swig of their alcohol. “Well, first, I want to come clean about something.”

“YES! Finally!” Ryan yells out of nowhere. We all give him questioning looks.

“Ryan, I didn’t do any pot or weed so calm your horses.” His gaze shifted as he slumped down.

“Horses calmed.”  I took a deep breath. I was getting ready to tell them about me and Andy. I opened my mouth and everything came rushing out. I explained why I went to Andy for comfort, after the rape, I explained everything and at the end, Miley was furious.

“I’m going to fuck that fucker!” she got up, but I shot Ryan a look and he grabbed Miley’s hand. She composes herself and sits back down on the pillow.

“We can settle that later. Right now, I want to finish my band meeting.” She nodded, but avoided my stare. No doubt in mind she’s mad at me. “I want to suggest our order. I was thinking, we could, you know, keep Miley as a clean vocalist, Ryan is still backing vocals and I can be an unclean vocalist. Until we get a keyboard player, Max could be a backing vocalist too?” the tension in the air between us quickly vanished as it appeared.  Max was chuckling quietly to himself and Miley was staring at him.