Epilogue

Four years later...

May 12, 2020

Austin, Texas

"Alaina Adams, you're up next!" A chubby man shouts as he walks past all the barrel racing competitors.

Urging Flash forward, we take our place at the gate and get ready to run.

"Mommy! Over here!"

I turn my head and smile as I see Grayson sitting on my old friend Andrew's shoulder's. The two of them are best buddies and have been since Grayson started walking. Andrew absolutely loved the little man and became uncle Andrew almost instantly.

He is great with him and always watches him when Ryan or I ride. Although, he does like to teach him things no four year old should ever even know about.

Buckle Bunnies are one of them. Even though Andrew's player and womanizing ways have been put behind him and he has finally settled down over the year's, he still loves to tell his stories about the good old days.  I really don't know how his wife hasn't killed him yet knowing she has to constantly listen to him.

Ryan fixed that situation in a heartbeat though, not wanting Andrew's ways to rub off on Grayson at such a young age.

"Hey, buddy! Are you going to cheer for me?" I asked him.

Nodding furiously he giggled. "I'm you and daddy's number one fan!" He cheered.

"More like only fan." Andrew commented.

Grayson's lips formed into a pout and he smacked Andrew in the head as hard as he could.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?!" He hissed, rubbing his head.

"Stop being mean to my mommy or I'm telling daddy you keep saying bad words." Grayson stated, crossing his arms.

Andrew's eye's widened and he was quick to make sure and apologize. Grayson never took any shit from Andrew. And neither did Ryan.

My name was finally called over the loud speaker and I gave Grayson a wink.

"Next up, Alaina Adams! State champion barrel racer for three year's running now!" The announcer boomed.

"Alright, Flash. Let's show em' how it's done." I grinned as his feet began shuffling underneath of him.

"Let er' buck!" I yelled, and just like Rebel, he took off like a bolt of lightning.

Before I knew it, we were already finished.

"Alaina Adams with 16.6 seconds! Sorry cowboys, that little cowgirl is taken!" The announcer says.

I shake my head.

"Damn right she is." Ryan's voice says from behind me.

"Daddy said a bad wooorrrrd...." Grayson tattled, as he looked up at him.

He got that snitching stuff from Dustin I swear.

"Does daddy need a time out, Gray?" I chuckled and Ryan scowled.

"I think so." Grayson smirked. He was going to be a heart breaker with that smirk. Just like his dad.

"I do not!" Ryan huffed, picking him up.

"If you say so." I giggled.

"I do say so Mrs. Adams." He grinned.

Mrs. Adams. No matter how many times I hear it, it will never get old.