Chapter 25

Just a little note before you all start.... I just wanted to say that this book is a work of fiction, so just freaking humor me a bit and just go with what you're about to read. I have a very vivid imagination and tried my best to put it into words. I'm no expert writer and have never claimed to be. If you don't like what I write, don't read it. Simple as that.

**************************************************************************

[Alaina's POV]

(Time and Date Unknown)

Some people are scared of darkness. I didn't used to be. But now, now that it's all I can see, I'm beginning to change my mind. Sucking me into its dark abyss. 

I know where I am, yet I don't. It's like I'm stuck in between.

In between life and death, that is. My soul has been wandering around aimlessly for I don't know how long, wondering where to go and what to do. Waiting for something to happen. Looking for something. Someone.

Then there are the voices.

Ryan's is the one that calls to me the most. I can hear him begging me to stay. Begging me to wake up. Yet I can't.

I'm trying to wake up. I'm trying to get out of here and open my eye's for him. I'm trying.

I can't seem to do it. And I'm so desperate to see him. I want to see his beautiful eye's again. That panty dropping smile and to tell him that I love him so much. I feel so hopeless. So empty.

So... lost. A lost soul. 

Is that what I've become?

"Alaina." My mother's voice echo's throughout the darkness.

I turn towards the voice. "Mom!" I shout.

"Alaina." There she is again, calling out softly.

"Mom! Where are you? I can't see you! I can't see anything!" I yell back to her again.

This time a bright light starts to appear in front of me. It's small and almost looks like it's miles away. A spec in the distance, like a light at the end of the tunnel. 

I don't know if I want to go towards it. I don't want to die. I want to live.

I want to live!

"This way." The voice whispers.

For some reason, without any hesitation, I do as it says.

The light gets brighter and brighter as I get closer. I cover my eye's as it starts to grow.

In what seems like a flash, a rush of light explodes around me, leaving me standing in the middle of a beautiful meadow.