+fourteen+

LEE SUNMI

saturday came way too fast. i woke up with my heart lurching when i remembered about the dance. i could already imagine the glares that kai's 'fangirls' were going to throw at me, but who cares. not like i would see them ever again. 

not wanting to wear anything extravagant, i picked out a midnight blue halter neck maxi dress which was a little too long for me, but just right when i paired it with my black heels. the silver bracelet that rested on my wrist completed the look, and i had to admit that i looked good. 

a voice in my head nagged at me continuously. an ominous feeling hung heavily in the air, but i brushed it off as nervousness. what could possibly happen right?

after putting on some light makeup and spraying my favourite lightly-scented perfume, i left the house and headed off to meet pamela. thank god the traffic was manageable and i reached on time.

pamela gasped as she got in the cab i was in. "duuuuuude," she said, deliberately dragging the word out. "you look freaking amazing!" 

"geez look who's talking." i snorted as i shifted to make space for her. she wore a shimmery body-hugging dress paired with crazy high heels. i would've sprained my ankles in those monster shoes. but there was no doubt that they made her look even finer than she already was. jungkook's going to be over the moon.

speaking of jungkook, the encounter with him the day before made me worried as hell. we've had fights before, but none as serious as this. we usually called each other on the day itself to clear things up, but last night, my phone was just dead silent and i wouldn't know what to say as well if i did call him. 

immersed in my thoughts, i simply smiled and nodded while pamela talked about the party excitedly. aside from the small comments that i made, i couldn't take my mind off the dance.

i wanted to go home right there and then. 

i probably should have.

but it was too late. the highly raved cruise came into view as the cab rolled to a stop. after paying, we got out and marveled at the majestic sight of the cruise. damn, they weren't joking when they said it was huge. 

as we made our way towards the seemingly endless dock, the sound of laughter and chit-chat reached our ears. by the time we entered the cruise, the noise was deafening. the entire cohort was there, after all. 

pamela and i clung on to each other like koala bears ; there was no way we would want to lose each other in this crowd. miraculously, i manged to spot jungkook who stood at the middle of the room with his friends. dressed handsomely in a wine red suit with his hair gelled up, i was sure the girls ogling at him from a distance was no coincidence. 

"hey." i whispered as we pushed our way towards him. he turned and opened his mouth to greet us but then he noticed pamela.

"h-h-holy s-shit." he stammered and gulped, adverting his gaze. pamela frowned while i rolled my eyes. 

"jungkook, please." i stated then looked at his group of friends for approval. among them was a mint-haired guy who gestured lazily for me to take jungkook away. i smiled in gratification and pulled jungkook by the arm.

"lets go get some food to close your mouth, jungkookie." pamela teased while pulling jungkook's other arm. a shade of red intensified rapidly on his ears and i couldn't help but chuckle. even though there was still this slight tense atmosphere between me and him, i was sure we could resolve it by the end of the day. 

we were reaching the buffet area when i started hearing squeals and profanities coming from some of the girls. a small crowd was forming and the curious us went ahead to check out the commotion. we didn't even need the help of jungkook to clear the crowd ; there was already a growing gap due to the person, who caused the commotion, walking towards us.