+four+

"kill me. now"

LEE SUNMI

i couldn't believe what i just heard. the devil calling me to kill him?! baekhyun must have sensed my hesitation as he grabbed a knife from underneath his jacket and held it out for me. i tried to shun away but he shoved it into my hand.

"there's not much time left." he pressed. "if you don't do it now, i'll die."

wait, what?

"there's poison in that touch, god damn it." baekhyun spat. my eyes widened as my gaze shifted over to his arm where jungkook had touched him. indeed, the red patch was already turning purplish in colour. 

still, i hesitated. it's not everyday that someone passes you a knife and ask you to kill them. the situation i was in felt insane, but baekhyun's a demon after all. getting rid of him would bring pamela back.

right?

"i'll rejuvenate, you dumb ass. i just want to stop the poison from spreading." baekhyun scoffed.

oh.

i gripped the knife so tight that my knuckles turned pale. taking deep breaths, i shut my eyes tight to save myself from the bloody sight. with numerous thoughts running through my mind, i licked my lips and-

-i felt a warm, sticky substance splattering on my hands.

instinctively, i opened my eyes only to find that baekhyun had grabbed both my arms and pulled them forward such that the knife had plunged right into his torso. i gasped and let go of the knife immediately, taking a few steps backwards. my hands trembled as i witnessed baekhyun's crimson red blood on my fingers. 

baekhyun was bent over, struggling to breathe. his trembling fingers grasped the handle of the knife and pulled it out from his stomach swiftly. i let out a tiny scream as i saw blood gushing out from his wound mercilessly while his face contorted in pain. 

"shut up." baekhyun gritted his teeth. "i'm the one in pain, not you."

i found myself taking slow, small steps towards him. "can't you stop the pain? i mean, you can teleport, read minds..." i asked, my words starting to jumble up as i got more tensed. i would be lying if i said i didn't care about him.

he let out a breathless laugh. "i'm not god, you know." 

"but you just said you can revive-"

"yeah and i didn't tell you it's a 30% chance that i will." baekhyun leaned on the wall for support, his hand clamped tightly over his wound as blood continued to pour out. i frowned - did that mean he's not coming back anymore? and that my life could finally revert back to normal?

surprising myself, i felt my eyes turn warm at an alarming speed, a stinging feeling in my nose. a single drop of tear escaped, then another. and another. i didn't even know why i was feeling that way. i shouldn't, couldn't, have been so concerned about baekhyun. 

but why the hell was my heart aching?

startled and annoyed at my emotions, i turned away from baekhyun and wiped the hot salty tears away furiously. while chiding myself for being so stupid, i took a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

when i turned back again, baekhyun was nowhere to be found. all i could see was a small pool of blood where he was standing earlier. 

my eyebrows furrowed. "what the-" i was cut off when darkness enveloped me. i was aware of my surroundings but my limbs didn't seem to be working. the next thing i knew, my vision had come back and i was lying on the floor.

all i could see was the night sky. and then, baekhyun's face came into view. his expression was unreadable, but i could hear the smile in his voice. 

"i'm sorry, princess." i noticed how blood wasn't rushing out from his wound anymore. if anything, there was nothing more than a scar left.

my vision became hazy, and then-

-darkness.

//

"

sunmi."

i grunted in reply, not wanting to open my eyes.

"sunmi."

i tried to shut the voice out.

"lee sunmi, wake the hell up!" this time the voice came right beside my ear, loud and demanding. my eyes flew open as i tried to make sense of the situation. i was lying on a king-sized bed with black satin sheets. glancing around, i realized i was in a spacious room with barely any furniture. the curtains were shut completely, obscuring any light from entering the room. 

although it was dark, the room was bathed in a dim red glow and i could somewhat make out jungkook's figure leaning against the bedframe, his back facing me.

"jungkook?" i whispered.

he spun around immediately and i realized his knees and arms were bound tightly together, not by ropes but by shadows. i could hear him sighing in relief when he saw me sitting up on the bed.

"what happened?" i asked, my memory a blur. jungkook shuffled closer and sat heavily down on the floor near me.

"you tell me, noona. i remembered talking to that baekhyun guy last night when i was knocked out cold. the next moment, i woke up in this room and saw you lying on the bed. took me ages to wake you up, by the way."

jungkook calling me straight by my name without formalities annoyed me but that wasn't the main point. the memory of last night's events came rushing back to me. baekhyun. blood. 

"he freaking lied to me!" i screeched, startling jungkook. he jumped slightly and stared at me questioningly. before he could say anything, the door swung open and baekhyun strode in, wearing a poker face.

"i heard someone insulting me." he drawled and plopped down on the edge of the bed. i immediately scooted away from him, not wanting to even meet his eyes. seeing my reaction, jungkook visibly seethed. "get away from her you piece of-"

a misty black cloud surrounded jungkook for a second before it dissipated and jungkook was seen lying on the floor, unconscious. was that what happened to me last night as well? i couldn't help but wonder.

baekhyun clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "why is this guy being so extra?"

"excuse me?" i narrowed my eyes at him. "go to hell you-"

my mind struggled to find an insult.

"-you baekshit."

for a moment, there was just silence. then he burst out in laughter, not even bothering to cover his mouth. his loud, shameless laughter resounded in the room and when he finally did stop, there were actual tears in his eyes. 

clutching on to his stomach tightly as if he gained a stitch from laughing, he edged closer to me. just when i had nowhere else to retreat anymore, he stopped and his gaze turned dead serious again.

"firstly, i'm no baekshit." his eyes held an amused glint.

"secondly, look around you." i did, and an unwelcome thought floated into my mind. this place was unnaturally quiet, and that red glow was seriously starting to bother me. since when was there red sunlight?

"we are already in hell, love."