"Dan, I know this will be the best decision we'll ever make. The viewers love seeing us collab, plus I need someone to room with, and you live in an over crowded dorm room." Dan didn't seem very convinced, but he rolled his eyes and started to unpack a few of their boxes.

A little while later, when everything was unpacked and put into place as best as they could, Dan and Phil were cuddled on the couch.

"Hey Philly?" The brunette whispered, running his hands through Phil's artificial black locks. "Yes bear?" He responded, his voice slightly muffled as he buried his head into Dan's shoulder.

"You're right, maybe this was a good idea..."

-

And it was.

_____________________________

March 5th, 2012.
'First fight and first 'I love you"'

Dan and Phil's first fight led to their first "I love you." It wasn't romantic, and it wasn't pretty. It was filled with emotion and tears. And they wouldn't have had it any other way.

-

"Listen to me! Just for one flying second!" Dan shouted, pacing around their flat. Phil just calmly sat on the couch, absorbing everything Dan was saying. He wished Phil would just scream at him.

"I am, Daniel. I have, I am, and I always will." His voice was firm and scarily calm. Dan knew he had messed up, but he refused to back down.

"No you don't! God damn it Philip you don't! You- you-" Dan struggled to form any words, he pulled at his hair. He wanted it to end, he hated this.

"I what? Please, Daniel, tell me when I don't listen." The older boy hissed, swiftly getting up from the couch and walked closer and closer to Dan.

"When-" Dan paused, he couldn't name a time where Phil hadn't listened. Feeling a sob rise in his throat, Dan shook his head and plopped down onto the couch. Now Phil was the one doing the yelling.

"Exactly! I have done nothing but care for you! Made sure you were safe! So don't you fucking dare say I've never listened!" Dan flinched when he heard the f-bomb. He had really messed up.

Not trusting himself to speak, Dan just nodded and bowed his head down in shame, making his way into his room.

Noticing the tears struggling not to fall, Phil tugged at his hair, huffing and then following his boyfriend into his room.

"Dan..." Phil called out softly, reaching out to touch Dan's hand. The boy just pulled away, walking into his room and closing the door in Phil's face.

*

Phil waited outside of the door for hours, listening to Dan's painful sobs. Eventually, at around 3 am, the sobs faded and Phil started to cry himself. This was their first official fight, and he had a feeling this wouldn't be their last one this year.