Drella

Drella: Chapter 9-

Vic was on the front porch. He was obnoxiously ringing the door bell, presumably waiting for me to open it. I didn't know what to do. Earlier today at the super market was too much for me. Now he was back here. He had no right to be here. This wasn't his home anymore, I wasn't his anymore.

I was never his.

He expected me to open the door. Part of me knew it wasn't a good idea, but the other part of me wanted to know what he had to say. He wouldn't be here if he didn't care to some degree, right? I slowly opened the front door. The wood seemed to get heavy and time felt warped while the air turned stale. He stood there in all of his glory. He was wearing a pale blue shirt with an Obey symbol on it, some plain black jeans he had worn hundreds of times, and black vans. His hair was still in tendrils around his neck though it was much shorter now. On top of his head was a snap back with the bill to the back of his head.

I didn't like that he looked good. That didn't stop me from admiring him. "What do you want." I couldn't really help the voice crack either. "To talk." He said. I didn't like that I melted at his voice. "I think you said enough in that note." I said with a harsh laugh. Vic suddenly looked confused. "What note?" He asked. My hand fell from the door knob. I didn't like that he was acting clueless. "Um the one you left for me to find in the basement when you left?" I said. "I really have no idea what you're talking about. Please let me in?" He asked gently.

In shock I let him through the door. He stool in the entry, taking in his once home and slid off his shoes. He walked over to the couch and sat down. I sat down in the chair across from the couch. "Could you show me the note I supposedly wrote?" Vic asked. I didn't like that I could hear a hint of kindness in his voice. I just nodded and went up to my room to get the note. I should have gotten rid of it, but I didn't. It was still sitting on my dresser. Of course, I didn't read it every day like it was some love letter, but it was a reminder. I walked down with the note and handed it to him. "Did you write this?" He asked as he finished the short scrawl. "Why the hell would I do something like that?" I basically growled.

What gave him the right to come into my home and question my sanity. "Jaime, I didn't write this. It's not even my handwriting." Vic said and slid the now folded note onto the coffee table. Not his hand writing. I stood up and ran to the kitchen and took the grocery list I had set on the counter earlier and ran back to the room. I hurriedly unfolded the note and places the grocery list next to it. I saw Vic's confused look as he slid next to me on the ground to see what I was looking at.

My mom faked the note.

The writing was hers, clear as day. It matched the list perfectly. My first feeling was outrage, then confusion, then sadness. She had found out some how. Maybe she didn't even have to fire Vic in the first place. Maybe it was all just to get him away from me. We were still paying bills the same, still bought the same amount of food, and my mom still went shopping when she could. Was it all really just a lie?

"Jaime?" Vic questioned from beside of me. I slowly looked to where he was. "Are you okay?" He asked. I let out a bitter laugh. "Other than the fact that my mom seems to hate my happiness, I'm just peachy." Vic sighed at that. "If this really is fake, why didn't you try to call me?" I asked. Vic looked at me. "I didn't want to come over because your mom might question it and the only phone number I had was hers. I didn't think calling and asking for her sons number so we could "be friends" would be something she would be okay with." I didn't like that what he was saying was true.

I've been tearing myself up for nothing. My mother knew the whole time and she didn't care. Just as long as I wasn't seeing Vic I guess it was just okay. I was so angry at her. I wanted to explain to Vic what had been going on, why I was so scared when I saw him, everything. But where do I start? By telling him that I hated him over a lie my own mother told me? To tell him that I was ridiculously depressed because I was too in love with him? If he did care at all at this point, he was sure to lose all of that care now.

"Jaime, I'm sorry." Vic says after a moment of silence. "You have nothing to be sorry for." I hated myself. "Of course I do. I should have just come anyways. If I'm being honest, you look horrible. I mean you're still really attractive but you look like you're in a bad mental state." Vic sighs. I looked at him when he said attractive. "What do you want to talk about." I change the subject. I didn't want to talk about how stupid I was for tearing myself up these past weeks.

"I still want to see you."

"See me how." I ask incredulously. I swore I might pass out. "Like we were Jaime. I want you to be mine." I feel my jaw drop open. He had to be lying. "Are you kidding me? Like are you actually being for real. Because if you aren't then you can leave right now." I feel myself grow angry yet intrigued. "I'm being completely serious Jaime." Vic looks offended.

Well fuck.

I hope you guys liked that chapter! Things are coming to a close but look out, a sequel to this (or possibly just another Fuenciado/Perrentes) will come out soon after I finish this book. 2 more chapters to go. OH AND PTV DECIDED TO FINALLY DO SOMETHING SO THATS FUN. See ya- Kalista ;)