You're Forgetting Naomi

A month later, Jordan found himself telling Brandi more about Naomi. Business was booming despite the scare Max had given Jordan, and Jordan had stopped stressing and started focusing on things that he found more important; Naomi. He'd taken her to dinner, he recollected to Brandi -

"You know," she said, sipping her drink. I was surprised you asked Angie for my number." She chewed on her straw.
"Ah, well, you know. I had a great time meeting you," Jordan smiled.
Naomi looked at Jordan with a teasing grin.
"Aren't you married?"
Jordan tried to play it off as innocence. "Married people can't have friends?"
Naomi finished the rest of her cocktail and stared into his face.
"We're not gonna be friends."

"As a matter of fact," Jordan told Brandi. "She invited me up to her place for tea."
Brandi swiveled around in her rolling chair. "I feel as if that might be code for something."
"I didn't think it would happen, but I banged her right then and there."
"Huh. Nice job, I guess."
"Thank you," Jordan sighed. "I just feel bad for Teresa. She has no idea."
"Well, she doesn't know about the hookers either. You haven't given away your hand yet and I doubt you will when it comes to Naomi."
"She's just so needy."
"I know."
"And she must talk to other men at work."
"Most likely true."
"Am I doing a bad thing here?"
Brandi looked at him stupidly. "You really need me to answer that one, boss?"
Jordan took a deep breath. "I want to see where this goes. I think Naomi and I have a real connection."
Brandi lit a cigarette and offered one to Jordan. "If you say so."
They puffed on them silently for a moment when Alden walked over to them.
"Hey, Jordan, we got a plan for Friday."
"About what we were talking about earlier? What is it?"
"It'll be a surprise. But we're gonna need 100 grand to do it up right."
Brandi looked at them nervously. "What are you talking about?"
"Nothing, Brandi, it's no big deal."
Brandi took a drag and stared at Alden.
"Just don't kill someone, Otter."
"Well, no of course not; that's not in the plan."
She sighed and grounded out her cigarette. "Retards."
Otter left and Jordan watched him. Then he looked at his assistant.
"I know Hildy's your cousin, but you can't tell Teresa."
Brandi glared at Jordan incredulously.
"I wouldn't let you down like that, Jordan. Of course I won't tell Teresa. This doesn't involve me."
Jordan thanked her, relieved and went into his office to call Naomi.
He was taking her out for lunch.

A week later after work, Jordan called Brandi from a payphone. Teresa had found about Naomi. Brandi listened to him explain how she found out and was left with the conclusion that Jordan was an idiot for letting it happen.
He was in a limousine on his way to a hotel for a conference, with Naomi in the car. And he was snorting cocaine off of her breasts. Teresa had noticed his limo and swung open the door.
She screamed when she saw Jordan on top of her and immediately fell into a fury. Teresa yanked him by his collar out of the limo.
"Come out here, you piece of shit!" She screamed. "You were with her?" Teresa cried.
"Teresa, baby-" Jordan started to explain himself but Teresa hit him and slammed her palms onto his back.
"With that whore from the party?" She sobbed.
"I didn't know you were going to be here! I don't know what to say, baby, I'm sorry."
Teresa stood there, crying and Jordan watched her, feeling more guilty than he'd ever felt in his life.
"Do you love her?" Teresa choked out through a sob.
Jordan just looked at her pleadingly.
"Do you love her??" Teresa wailed. "Who the fuck are you, Jordan? It's like I don't even know who you are anymore!"
Jordan looked at her and nervously shoved his hand through his hair.
"Okay," she said, wiping her face. "Okay."
And Teresa started to walk home.
By the time Jordan got home, hours later after the conference, he wanted to try and straighten things out. But Teresa was gone, along with all of her things.

"I feel terrible," Jordan lamented over the phone. "But what can I do?"
"Do what makes sense. Don't call her anymore, she'll be angry. And she's not going to take you back."
"I don't want her to. I don't want to get back together with her."
"Then don't. Just give her space. And when the time is right, you divorce her."

Three days later, Jordan filed for divorce and moved Naomi into the apartment. He told Brandi all about it. That she was classy, redecorated the whole place. Hired a gay butler with excellent fashion sense and a keen eye for interior design. He was thrilled to be able to be with Naomi out in the open without getting in trouble with anyone. Because Teresa was gone.
Hildy and Naomi hit it off quickly and in no time, they were the best of friends, just like Hildy had been with Teresa. Brandi had heard from her cousin that Teresa moved back to Minnesota with her parents. They owned a small chain of shoe stores.
Jordan told Brandi all about Naomi and the gifts he gave her and how much he loved her, and how much she loved him. And diligently, Brandi smiled and told him she was happy for him. But in reality, she thought of Teresa, how miserable she would be without Jordan to cling onto. Someday she'd find someone else. Somebody different to stick to. And Brandi felt sad. For Jordan, for Naomi, for their gay butler, for Hildy and for Donnie. She looked at them and everything they did and despite being part of it all and enjoying that wild, reckless lifestyle as much as they did, she still felt sad for them.
Empty.

She begged for Jordan and Naomi to last longer. Brandi didn't want to witness another casualty, another broken heart at the hands of Jordan Belfort.