i

Paramore- The Only Exception

Steele:

"Dude, sit the fuck down," Dylan growled. 

"Shut the fuck up," I shot back as I continued to pace up and down the room.

"Alpha, the Dylweed guy is right. You're going to groove the marble and Alpha Martak is going to kill us. Not only that you're going to sweat in your tux," Luis added.

"I'm nervous okay. There are so many things that can go wrong," I reminded myself feeling like my head is going to explode.

"Like what?" Cam asked looking out of the window.

"She can change her mind," I whispered and fell back on the bed. 

"You have been with the girl for an entire year now. If she wanted to leave she would have already done it," he laughed. "It's time to go down. Wayne,"

As we walked down into the center yard of our pack my heart drummed away in my chest. I can feel my wolf's impatience it's driving me mad. I can't even calm myself enough to greet a single one of our guests.

By the time I made up to the podium with Cam and Edwin I was all but ready to hit anyone who would try to threaten anything about today. It all has to be perfect, it all has to be perfect for her, she deserves it.

"Maid of Honor is late she lost your ring," Edwin whispered. 

I was about to lose my shit when the music went off. I froze waiting for her to come into view. I swear it's one of those nerve-racking moments that start somersaults deep inside your soul. The kind of feeling that can only be described as violent fear, pure happiness, and total peace all in one hurricane of ego.

The first time I saw Martak was out of pure curiosity. I wanted to meet the alpha that had been better than the rest of us. The one that didn't fear being betrayed anymore because like me she had already gotten over the one betrayal everyone fears the most. 

I never expected that she would be as beautiful as she is. I never expected her to be so composed and messy at the same time, she strikes fear but she can also make anyone feel safe and secure with a simple smile. She wasn't ruined by her pain she thrived because of it. She's perfect.

Everyone stood up as she appeared at the end of the aisle. She's wearing a simple white lace dress with her hair pulled up into a high bun that held the tiara and veil on her head. I had ever seen her wear makeup but today the shades around her eyes made them look bigger than they are, the dark red almost black shade on her lips made me shiver. She is the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life and she is about to give herself over to me like a beautifully wrapped avenging angel.

"Martak here, is my niece, boy. If anything ever happens to her, I hold you responsible," the king threatened as he placed her hand on my arm. 

"I would die for her," is what came out of my lips. I'm not trying to be disrespectful by not looking at my king but I couldn't bring myself to look away from her.

He must have been content with my answer because he walked away. She kept her eyes on me as we made it up to the podium where Cameron is waiting for us. Binding rituals for alpha's always required daggers and a blood exchange. Standing up here with her facing me with her shiny eyes and her massive smile is the biggest relief I have ever felt. These past couple of weeks she has been distant. 

"Wayne," Cam tried getting my attention. I kept my eyes on hers for an instant longer before I looked over at him as he handed me the daggers. "You may begin,"

"I, Wayne Steele, stand here before our pack and bind my life to you and your family as a husband, a mate, and a friend," I said and cut over the skin on the center of my palm.

"I, Martak Eliza Novak, stand here before our pack and bind my life to you and your family as a wife, a mate, and a friend," she said cutting the palm of her hand.

"We blend the bloodlines for the next generation and a peaceful tomorrow. With love and healing," we both said at the same time. She placed her bloodied hand over mine. As her blood is pulled in to mine her smile grew bigger and my eyes went wide.

"Oh shit," I laughed feeling her inside of me.

"I now pronounce you alphas of Lunar Grove," Cam announced with a smile. It was the name we had reworded from what used to be our pack names.

"Why didn't you tell  me?" I asked pulling her into me. 

"So, this could be so much better than it already is," she laughed. Her arms came around my neck and she pulled me down so that I could press my lips to hers. As our packs began to cheer. I pulled away from her without letting her go and faced them.

"I'm going to be a dad," I shouted. A louder wave of cheers erupted as I looked down at my wife. She's completely mine now and I'd never let anyone take her from me.